hey, yall . . new here, and jazzed to glean your wisdom

jonnie 5 spot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I used to spend tons of cash developing film for my beloved Pentax K1000. Miss that work-horse, but I don't miss the film and developing charges. Now I'm getting back into it with a Canon DSLR. (EOS 2000D.) I like it fine, but it's too easy to take so many shots that I don't have time to go back through them all. Blessing and a curse, no? And I really need to stop buying lenses.

I look forward to getting into a community of folks who learn the hard way, and share their skills.
Thanks
Jonnie 5 spot ... ...PS . I just tried to upload a picture, and it told me the file was too large. Anyone out there know how to make the files small enough to upload?

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I used to spend tons of cash developing film for my beloved Pentax K1000. Miss that work-horse, but I don't miss the film and developing charges. Now I'm getting back into it with a Canon DSLR. (EOS 2000D.) I like it fine, but it's too easy to take so many shots that I don't have time to go back through them all. Blessing and a curse, no? And I really need to stop buying lenses.

I look forward to getting into a community of folks who learn the hard way, and share their skills.
Thanks
Jonnie 5 spot ... ...PS . I just tried to upload a picture, and it told me the file was too large. Anyone out there know how to make the files small enough to upload?
This may sound odd, but I find the easiest way is to mail myself the photo, usually choosing “medium” from the size options that pop up, open the e-mail of the photo, and then choose “export to photos”. I wind up with the original and a downsized copy in photos. This is on a Mac, but it should work the same on a pc.

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Welcome to TPF!

I host most of my shots on flickr, so I just grab the BB code for the size from there.

Alternitivley you should be able to set a max file size in editing software

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome. 1200 pixels on the longest side is just about max for pic size, so when I am editing in Photoshop, I save a copy at that dimension for the forum.

OP
J

jonnie 5 spot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

Thanks
This may sound odd, but I find the easiest way is to mail myself the photo, usually choosing “medium” from the size options that pop up, open the e-mail of the photo, and then choose “export to photos”. I wind up with the original and a downsized copy in photos. This is on a Mac, but it should work the same on a pc.

Thanks for responding - i shall try that, though when i've tried emailing photos to friends it sometimes lets me upload them to google drive, and sometimes not.. i'm good with a camera, but i'm frustrated by some aspects of computer use.

OP
J

jonnie 5 spot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome to TPF!

I host most of my shots on flickr, so I just grab the BB code for the size from there.

Thanks, I've been meaning to get on flicker. or flikr

OP
J

jonnie 5 spot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome to TPF!

Shout out to Glasgow. I managed to reduce the size of the pic, now i can't find where i was that let me post it here on this site. i shall attempt flickring . . . thank you wee pete!

weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
If you click on the gallery link at the top of the site it should give you an option to upload here mate

Most reactions