hey, yall . . new here, and jazzed to glean your wisdom

jonnie 5 spot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I used to spend tons of cash developing film for my beloved Pentax K1000. Miss that work-horse, but I don't miss the film and developing charges. Now I'm getting back into it with a Canon DSLR. (EOS 2000D.) I like it fine, but it's too easy to take so many shots that I don't have time to go back through them all. Blessing and a curse, no? And I really need to stop buying lenses.

I look forward to getting into a community of folks who learn the hard way, and share their skills.
Thanks
Jonnie 5 spot ... ...PS . I just tried to upload a picture, and it told me the file was too large. Anyone out there know how to make the files small enough to upload?

I used to spend tons of cash developing film for my beloved Pentax K1000. Miss that work-horse, but I don't miss the film and developing charges. Now I'm getting back into it with a Canon DSLR. (EOS 2000D.) I like it fine, but it's too easy to take so many shots that I don't have time to go back through them all. Blessing and a curse, no? And I really need to stop buying lenses.

I look forward to getting into a community of folks who learn the hard way, and share their skills.
Thanks
Jonnie 5 spot ... ...PS . I just tried to upload a picture, and it told me the file was too large. Anyone out there know how to make the files small enough to upload?
This may sound odd, but I find the easiest way is to mail myself the photo, usually choosing “medium” from the size options that pop up, open the e-mail of the photo, and then choose “export to photos”. I wind up with the original and a downsized copy in photos. This is on a Mac, but it should work the same on a pc.

Welcome to TPF!

I host most of my shots on flickr, so I just grab the BB code for the size from there.

Alternitivley you should be able to set a max file size in editing software

Welcome. 1200 pixels on the longest side is just about max for pic size, so when I am editing in Photoshop, I save a copy at that dimension for the forum.

Thanks
This may sound odd, but I find the easiest way is to mail myself the photo, usually choosing “medium” from the size options that pop up, open the e-mail of the photo, and then choose “export to photos”. I wind up with the original and a downsized copy in photos. This is on a Mac, but it should work the same on a pc.

Thanks for responding - i shall try that, though when i've tried emailing photos to friends it sometimes lets me upload them to google drive, and sometimes not.. i'm good with a camera, but i'm frustrated by some aspects of computer use.

Welcome to TPF!

I host most of my shots on flickr, so I just grab the BB code for the size from there.

Thanks, I've been meaning to get on flicker. or flikr

Welcome to TPF!

Shout out to Glasgow. I managed to reduce the size of the pic, now i can't find where i was that let me post it here on this site. i shall attempt flickring . . . thank you wee pete!

Most reactions

Back