HEY YOU! Ever wanted to dig a REALLY deep hole?

has any body ended up on land? There are only a few places that seem to have you land on land if you were to dig all the way through the earth.

BoblyBill said:
has any body ended up on land? There are only a few places that seem to have you land on land if you were to dig all the way through the earth.

I was wondering that as well. I guess the odds are against it...2/3 of the earth's surface is water after all.

I'm in the ocean off of Australia, too.

Slightly off topic complaint: Google maps isn't up to date! They don't even have the interstate that runs by my house on there! And it was built probably 15-17 years ago!!!! And, they show railroad tracks going through my town...I'm not sure how long those tracks have been gone, but it's been since before I moved to town...WHEN I WAS SIX!!!!

core_17 said:
I'm in the ocean off of Australia, too.

Slightly off topic complaint: Google maps isn't up to date! They don't even have the interstate that runs by my house on there! And it was built probably 15-17 years ago!!!! And, they show railroad tracks going through my town...I'm not sure how long those tracks have been gone, but it's been since before I moved to town...WHEN I WAS SIX!!!!

WOW you must be really old now then! :lol:

:greenpbl:

Btw, you know how they always say something about 'digging to china'? Well, you'll have to be from Argentina or Chile or that area to do that. :p

I end up west of Australia, in the water.

I note that from the Canadian Arctic, you'd end up on Antarctica. Talk about from the frying pan into the fire. Or the freezer into the ice cube tray, if that's more accurate.

I too am in the water between South Africa and Australia.
I have a friend visiting in Jan from Australia. If she could just swim out a bit and start diving and digging... with any luck she'd be at my front door.

Ok, I ended up in the ocean several hundred miles due west of Victoria, Australia. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back