Heya

Queenlily13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi! My name is Regina and I love photography, but I'm not an expert at all. My favorite things to to is take photos of people. I like to use lighting to illuminate subjects. Mostly, I try to take pictures in the late afternoon, though a photographer friend recently showed me how to use my wireless flash to take outside pictures at night and create "fake" lighting (I'm not sure how to describe it).
My camera is a Sony Alpha 330. I know a lot of professional photographers do not like Sony. I fell in love with it in 2007 when I went to the Sony building in Tokyo, so I got the 330 two years later (when I could afford it). I have four lens, my new ones being a macro lens and a 50mm lens (my favorite!). The other two came with the camera.
I enjoy photographing friends and capturing their personalities. Most of my friends are pretty silly :)
I recently stopped using the manual setting, for the most part. The only problem is that my camera has a switch I can set to aperture or shutter speed, but I can't figure out how to move both of them, and I want to. Right now, I have it set to shutter speed, and I've been messing with lighting.
My most recent purchase was the macro lens. Coming up: a tall, quality tripod. I need one!

My current problem: I have some CR2 photos and I can't figure out how to convert them. They were taken on a Canon. I have GIMP on my computer, and I heard it can do it with other software, but I downloaded that software and it won't open, so I'm not sure what I need to download.
Any suggestions are very welcome.

I look forward to reading and writing (in the forum) and taking lots more pictures!

Welcome to the forum, Regina! Sounds like you are very interested and ready to learn - you've come to the right place! Stick around, post some of your questions in the Beginner's or other forums and you'll get some help. :) When you're ready to start posting your pictures, use our Gallery section.

Keep posting, and have fun!

Regina; see page 64 of your user's manual. You will find the following instructions to shoot in "manual".

1. 1 Set the mode dial to M.
  2. 2 Rotate the control dial to adjustthe shutter speed, and whilepressing the button, rotate thecontrol dial to adjust the aperture.• You can select the item the control dial
    adjusts (shutter speed or aperture) with[Ctrl dial setup] (page 123).

Can you get a download, free, of Adobe's DNG Converter software???

I believe Adobe still offers some downloads of this software, which can convert Canon .CR2 files to Adobe's open-source .DNG raw "digital negative" format, and maybe GIMP can open that???

Welcome to TPF Regina!!!

Derrel said:
Can you get a download, free, of Adobe's DNG Converter software???

I believe Adobe still offers some downloads of this software, which can convert Canon .CR2 files to Adobe's open-source .DNG raw "digital negative" format, and maybe GIMP can open that???

Welcome to TPF Regina!!!

Yes. It is still a free download. You downloaded it 3 days ago.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back