hi everyone, berniekhaki here from northern ireland!!

berniekhaki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
looking for help with my nikon coolpix s220,i had been noticing static like noises from it lately when in use, but today after taking pics of my lovely grandson i was looking back at them but a message appeared on screen to say' cannot read card ' .it will only show me those i took today not all the previous pics!!what can i do please??

Welcome aboard.

It's not unheard of to have a memory card go bad. If there are photos on the card, that you can't see via the camera, you might try 'recovery software'. Check out the website of the card's manufacturer and see what they have/recommend.

You might want to try a new card. If that solves the problem, great. If not, then you know it's the camera.

Yeah something similar to that happened to me... The recent pictures you took probably stored on the cameras internal memory and the card... MAY have gone bad.... But it is rare in my experience. What I would do if I were you is keep trying to mess with it.

Put the card in, take it out, - repeat... I have also cleaned the card with alcohol on a q-tip. Just lightly damp the q-tip with alcohol and rub the metal on the card gently...

Also don't neglect the computer. Try putting it in the computer, in your tv if you have a card reader. Make sure the card is not locked. Try all of this before getting a new one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back