Hi everyone!

darklordenron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just joined today and wanted to extend my helloes to everyone.
I also wanted to upload some of my work for critique and critisism, so here goes nothing..

https://plus.google.com/photos/108056524246747316167/albums/5627822347999763345

Please leave feedback as I'd love to hear what you think. I don't consider myself a good photographer, much as an artist doesn't consider themselves good at art. People tell me I'm great, I just don't believe them:lol:
I'm really interested in abstract stuff, buildings, nightime photography and time-lapse stuff as opposed to portraits and people photography but I'll shoot just about anything if I think it merits a good picture in the end.

Question number one: How many shots does a typical DSLR last for over it's lifetime?

Welcome aboard.

Read this first
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

Question number one: How many shots does a typical DSLR last for over it's lifetime?
Besides damage from hard use or hard environments, the first thing to go is usually the shutter. The shutters in these cameras have a rating. Higher end cameras tend to have a higher (longer) rating. Although, the rating is just an 'average rate of failure' so yours might die much sooner or last much longer.
But also note that the shutter is a serviceable or replaceable part.

too many to bother to C&C. Post two or three max if you want comments. I will say that most of us here feel that selective color shots have been overdone... and should only be used rarely in the few shots where it does help to improve the photo.

Danger, rough crowd! Not all my photos are b& white or selective color.. I'm not seasoned, and just shoot as a hobby. Definitely not a pro by any means.
That was slightly discouraging.. :/
Sent from my Htcclay's SuperLite 4G using Tapatalk

What kind of camera do you have? There are different shutter ratings for different cameras. Even if your shutter dies, just have it replaced unless your camera needs to die with it.

Danger, rough crowd! Not all my photos are b& white or selective color.. I'm not seasoned, and just shoot as a hobby. Definitely not a pro by any means.
That was slightly discouraging.. :/
Sent from my Htcclay's SuperLite 4G using Tapatalk

Ask and you shall receive...C&C

A 5100 probably has a shutter life "expectany" of around 100,000. It could die at 20,000 or it could die at 125,000. No one really knows. Shutters can be replaced.

Sorry, doublepost. I understood. :er:

Most reactions

Back