Hi everyone

JonnyD70s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been searching for ages to find a popular friendly forum for photography (after leaving the School Of Photography Forums due to closing) and have finally found it! I've just hit 18 and from out of the blue my dad bought me a DSLR. I always wanted to go digital in my gap year but i wasn't expecting it this early! I'm a keen Nikon fan, and use a Nikon F-301 35mm camera and to see that my present was labelled D70s with a 18-70mm lense (WOW) threw me into disbelief! I couldn't believe it because i am aware of the price of this camera and lense.

I also own a Canon 500N which i adore because i LOOOVE black & white photography and this camera gives me great results. I'm a photographer who's seriously into dramatic effects and you'll always find me 'burning in the sky' in the darkroom. I spend too much time burning so i invested in a red filter which darkens the sky and brings out the clouds to a great effect!

SO the main reason i am here is to learn everything about my DSLR considering i'm now in the deep end! I'd love to hear from other owner's of this camera and it's baby - The D50.

Sorry for blabbing, but hi again!

Jonny

JonnyD70s said:
Hi all,

I've been searching for ages to find a popular friendly forum for photography (after leaving the School Of Photography Forums due to closing) and have finally found it!

Amen to that Jonny! And welcome to TPF.

Hi Guys,

Mitica i couldn't resist to mention your amazing camera collection! How did you come across all of them?

I also noticed you like rock climbing, i did a black and white project on a friend who is OBSESSED with rock climbing and was amazed by how well they came out. I shot from above, underneath and pretty much anywhere around him and i recommend you get someone to shoot you, or you shoot a friend. I can't say i enjoyed the height factor mind! :(

Welcome to TPF!

Hey jonny... welcome to TPF... i bet you'll get to learn a lot here :D
all you gotta do is....
ask
:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back