Hi Glide system

Nwcid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbnokesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just picked up a Hi Glide system and I need to install it. I have a few questions about best location.

It has 4 - 10' rails, 2 drop mounts and 2 fixed mounts.

My back drop holder is 22' long and I currently have 3 - 10x20' backdrops.

My current plan is to mound the rails that are perpendicular to the back drop at 5' in from the right side and at 10' from the right side. In theory this would allow me to move the parallel rails a maximum distance of 15' to cover the most area and still provide adequate support. Is there any reason no to do this?

One of my questions is how far back from the back drop holder should I start the perpendicular rails? I was thinking about 2' which should still allow me to place lights far enough back if I want to back light. Is that too far?

Last but not least, I would like longer rails, but it appears that Bowens is no longer what they were. Is there any other compatible products or hacks to have more range?

I have included a rough sketch to hopefully make this make more sense.

Attachments

• Hi Glide.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 228
I ended up mounting it 18" from the backdrop holder. I did some testing today and seems work. Next week I will be ahooting with 2 models for the real test.

61804200_832752077108121_8047656397778714624_n.jpg

Here is the image displayed on the computer,
Pratice-426.jpg

Nice setup. I was working on a hanging grid system for the garage until all the medical problems put everything on hold. Having the floor clear of stands, cords, etc. is just so much cleaner.

Nice setup. I was working on a hanging grid system for the garage until all the medical problems put everything on hold. Having the floor clear of stands, cords, etc. is just so much cleaner.

I had looked a while back, and they are much more expensive then I would have expected. I thought about trying to do a home made version.

This one popped up on a local classifieds for $400, I didn't even barter.

This one popped up on a local classifieds for $400, I didn't even barter.

Don't blame you!!! I was looking at using EMT tubing, for the grid, but frankly I think I figured my cost of materials at more then that.

Most reactions

Back