Hi! I'm a noob! And I need to improve!

tomazws

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! I'm new into this whole photography stuff. Yesterday, I went to my friend's house and took some pics with the dog. And only 6 came out decent:

04/23/09 ~ JJ Photoshoot - a set on Flickr

One of my friends said they're a bit soft and needed to be sharpened a bit in PS. I would also like to know what you guys think! Thank you!

All 6 photos are taken with an unzoomable f1.8 50mm.

the first one would be absolutely adorable (it still is) if you were more level to the dog, instead of shooting downward.

Hi! I'm new into this whole photography stuff. Yesterday, I went to my friend's house and took some pics with the dog. And only 6 came out decent:

04/23/09 ~ JJ Photoshoot - a set on Flickr

One of my friends said they're a bit soft and needed to be sharpened a bit in PS. I would also like to know what you guys think! Thank you!

All 6 photos are taken with an unzoomable f1.8 50mm.
That is what is called a prime lens. It took years and years for some zoom lenses to reach the image quality of prime lenses. Most zooms still don't.

Actually, you can zoom a 50 mm f/1.8. You do it with your feet.:lol:

Most times an image is most interesting taken at the same level as the subjects eyes. So animals and kids you have to get the lens down where they are or slightly lower.

Don't forget that camera to subject distance also effects DOF.

I agree, they could be a little sharper. But nice work, #5 is my favorite. I would've tried a more intresting background.

Hi! I'm a noob! And I need to improve!

Hi! I've been at it for 25 years, and I always need to improve.....

Pets are a difficult subject to get really good portraits of. The best shots are at their level, but as soon as you get on the floor with them, you become the new play toy.... :lol:. They do require a lot of patience, and always keep the camera very handy. Get down on the floor while they are distracted and get a couple of quick shots, because as soon as they realize you are there, forget it.

Thank you for your comments! I will keep in mind that being leveled with my shooting subject is recommended for best shots! I'm liking this stuff! This will be fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back