hi! im new! and some pictures...

G-mom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone! I am brand new to the DSLR world. I just bought a Canon t1i. My sales person sent me here and said I could get lots of help :) I have been reading different threads for the better part of an hour and thought I would introduce myself and post a few pics!

These are the first shots I took with my new camera. I fixed the WB in PSE. They were a little blue since the boys were sitting in the shade. Would love any input you'd like to give... :)

melonpea.jpg

melonmonk4.jpg

melonmonk3.jpg

melonpea2.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Would love any input you'd like to give...
Judging from the look on their faces (if these are your kids), do you ever feed them? They look VERY hungry.

All shots, maybe except the last one look a bit underexposed to me. Maybe it's just monitor brightness I don't know.

Composition on the first shot would be nicer if you followed rule of thirds and left a bit more wall over on the right side. I think it would make the shot slightly more balanced.

2nd shot - doesn't do anything for me

3rd - Nice, maybe if his head was completely in the frame

4th - composition is bad, maybe if you went for a portrait on that one, it would have been better. That look on his face is priceless.

Again, these are just personal opinions because who am I to judge. Another starter with a T1i, just like you.

Good except for the background. Posing against a brick wall just limits your options. If you don't get level, then the lines look crooked and sloppy. And forget about having the background out of focus, since the subject is right up against it. I seriously don't get why people think this is a good idea.

Well, I'm new so I don't know as much as some of these guys, but I think these are good photos for the first time! I would suggest just playing around with backgrounds and positioning. Most importantly. Have fun!!

they're over exposed. the problem is the way cameras expose to a mid-tone of the shot. it under exposes the gray in an attempt to make it close to white. putting him in a white t-shirt would change the exposure I believe

Most reactions

Back