Hi,names jovanni...

Vaughny_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hows everyone doing?

i'm pretty new to the wonderful world of photography, and found this site to be suitable for what im looking for in an informative site/forum, anyways... id just like to tell you a bit about what i love to shoot and the camera body I've decided to start out with.

here we go, so for me personally i love to shoot everything around me ( much like everyone else) but im really into anything automotive , such as car shows, interior shots of the vehicle and im having a very hard time finding that "all around" lens, now i know theres not really such a lens i guess, but id like to find something very versatile to what im shooting, mostly at cars shows, alot of the high end vehicles are behind ropes or at a distance, and is hard to get a desired shot with a prime 35mm lens, i also really like wheel/brake shots, some full shots of the vehicles and so on......( if im being to vague, please let me know)

i posted in this section because im hoping some of the members are into this same kind of photography and could give me some experienced input, or at least point me to the proper/helpful threads that will help me narrow a decision on the proper lenses to use for a specific application...... by the way i will be using a nikon d5100 as my body

any info on any of this would be great help, thanks!

-Jovanni

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to TPF, Jovanni! :)

You might want to re-post your specific question about lenses in our Equipment Forum. You'll probably get more opinions there that you'll know what to do with!

Good luck...hope you stick around and have fun.

:thumbup: Welcome to TPF! :camera:

For shooting cars I used a suite of lenses. Wide-angle focal lengths for interior shots, normal focal lengths for detail shots, and telephoto focal lengths for both detail and exterior shots.

My biggest issue was lighting something as big as a car.

Welcome aboard Jovanni!

Thanks terri, ill be sure to do that and KMH thanks for that bit of info, thats helps quite a bit!!

Most reactions

Back