Hi New Here

Stardustin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was her on Saturday and signed up, but only able to post today. I'm interested in Photography and presently planning on a new camera very shortly. I'm being pretty fussy and weighing my options. Also, looking for the best deal.

I was looking at the 2 recent Rebel cameras that are out and I just noticed last week that Sony has a SLR with stabilization. Looks easy enough to use.

Does anyone have the new Sony Alpha with the 10.2 MP Digital SLR? Wondering what you thought of it or heard.

Star

Georgie is gorgeous!!! Welcome to TPF. :D

Welcome to the forum, Stardustin! Go ahead and be picky with your first dSLR, that's the fun part. On the other hand, if you feel bombarded with too much information, any of the cameras you mentioned will not disappoint. :) Oh bother, I do seem to be doing things backward. This is my first post! I suppose my next one should be my own introduction . . .

Heya Stardustin, welcome to ThePhotoForum!

Georgie is nice (albeit a bit too large for a sig - cf. the FAQs for that, maybe? Please?). Good luck in your search for just the right camera for you - I was a lot less picky and am very happy with my Canon 350D (it is one of the Rebels, I think, over there) now. Now I feel I need more lenses, external flash, replacement for my lost polariser and more and more and more ;).

Thank You, Mitica, Boris and LaFoto! Seems this forum has a lot of places to offer good information... and I'm going to need to get started.

Just wondering. Looking at the Rebel.. The newer one by Canon, doesn't it have stabilization using one of it's lens? Not sure I understand that concept.

LaFoto, I'll explain my Georgie Cat in my next posting. I'll keep him on my signature only for a day or so. I think I can make the picture smaller anyway. Didn't realize it was going to be so big... But, it is a good pic and I wanted to share it.

Thanks... Star:blushing:

Welcome to the forum.

The Sony Alpha has "in-body" stabilization...which is a great feature. Canon (and Nikon) did it the other way and have stabilization in some of their lenses. The down side to that is that only some of their lenses have IS (Canon) or VR (Nikon)....while the Sony will have stabilization all the time. The best lenses for this type of camera, are made by Canon or Nikon...the Sony uses Minolta lenses and maybe Sony lenses as well.

The New Canon Rebel (XTi) also has a self cleaning sensor, I'm not sure if Sony or Nikon have that yet.

Really, you can't go wrong with any of these brands. The best thing to do, would be to go into a camera store and hold the different models. See which one feels best to you.

Thanks for the welcome. This is a very busy forum. I like that fact because it brings interesting topics and observations.

The Sony has the automatic cleaning of the lense once you are done with taking photos. I read it on the list of things it had. I was prefering the Canon Rebel. The newest one, don't understand why all the lenses are not available for it, yet Sony can use them all. What a turn of events.

I am going to weigh the differences a bit longer and see what else i hear about all this.

Thanks for your input.

Here is another pic of my Gorgeous Georgie. I love the way the pics came out.

Picture_48_0.jpg

You won't believe this, but, I love good close ups of my kitty. He loves sitting on my computer table right in front of my monitor. One day he stuck his face near my Web Cam. I just had my mouse set on the take picture button and snapped a few before he left. He has a halogen desk lamp over his head and I was lucky, very lucky to get these few pics. It would really take me forever to set up and get shots like these.

Thanks for asking. Star

Welcome to TPF! :)

Most reactions

Back