Hi! New to forum and beginning photographer

tkdgirlms

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
gallery.me.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've always loved taking pictures but have really gotten to enjoy it more since getting my new Nikon. I can't afford much more equipment or a better camera but I love my camera. Here are a few pics: please offer any helpful suggestions so that I can improve! Thanks!

230.jpg

226.jpg

216.jpg

106.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum.

1. Nice idea using the fence as you did, but to me the picture is over exposed. Also a Circular polarizer would help you with the sky from blowing out so much.

2. I like the way the dragon fly is sitting, just a shame that he's out of focus.

3. I really like this one. It is nicely done. My favorite out of the 4.

4. I'm undecided about this one. There is something about it that has potential, but I don't think it works as it is. I think a different perspective would have been better. Maybe if the camera / you were lower to the ground, and the log wasn't in the center of the picture. (Rule of thirds)

Hope this helps.

#1 is nice but hazy, need to pp it some so eliminate the haze some sharpening..
#2 dragonfly is oof, best times for insects is early in the morning.
#3 is nice
#4 needs a different crop to get the tree out of dead center

I tried to see what I could do with #1, sharpened some and played with contrast but the sky still is an issue.
230b.jpg

Love that^^ My fav is #3! Play with your contrast and brightness you'll be amazed how clear you can make something look! :)

Great job! Keep it up and have fun!

#1- flat

#2- blurry

#3- a touch under exposed. if you had a bit brighter sun it would be better

#4- blurry and honestly I don't see the point to this photo.

so what kind of nikon is it? they are some pretty decent photos

Thanks for the info! Lots of questions but here's a couple...what's PP? And my eye is obviously untrained because I can't really tell that the dragonfly pic is blurred - I know the background is due to the setting I used on the camera. Can somebody fix it so its not blurred and I can compare and see what you mean? I see that I have a lot of reading to do - I have read some on the rule of thirds but didn't quite grasp the meaning of it. 1 more question: what is circular polarizer? I don't think my camera will let me attach any other equipment to it (at least not that I can tell online).
What do you think about this picture?
df.jpg

i think you need glasses, or to get your eyes checked if you couldn't tell that the first dragonfly pic is more than out of focus

i think you need glasses, or to get your eyes checked if you couldn't tell that the first dragonfly pic is more than out of focus

Actually reb, I wear glasses - not useful info! Go Dawgs!! :)

Go Dawgs!! :)

:meh:.........

GTFO

Seriously, I really can't tell that its blurry and neither can a friend of mine so if you can help by cleaning it up and so that I can see what you mean, that would be awesome! We know the background is blurry but can't tell the dragonfly is.

you can't fix a picture that is that OOF

Most reactions

New Topics

Back