Hi! New to forum and beginning photographer

WoW! I've learned a bit thru this thread - went out to the Refuge today for more pics and in looking at them, none are any good. Most are washed out due to the heat/humidity we are suffering but there were quite a few that were blurry. I was more conscious about the digital zoom and didn't use it (well, once or twice) but its not something I can turn off, just have to watch how I use the zoom. Still not 100% about the rule of thirds so I wasn't sure whether I got that part right or not but am reading. Thanks all!

the heat/humidity doesn't affect the exposure of the image. your shutter speed was too slow

Sorry, didn't mean any of the pics I've got loaded on here were affected by weather, some that I took this weekend - it was just so hazy and at times bright because of heat/humidity and it was trying to storm (haha! getting my first rain of the summer now and its not much). IMO, weather can affect how pics look a lot and that's been one surprising factor to find on here how much it seems people try to fix it to make it 'look' better and sometimes, weather makes the pic.

WoW! I've learned a bit thru this thread - went out to the Refuge today for more pics and in looking at them, none are any good. Most are washed out due to the heat/humidity we are suffering but there were quite a few that were blurry. I was more conscious about the digital zoom and didn't use it (well, once or twice) but its not something I can turn off, just have to watch how I use the zoom. Still not 100% about the rule of thirds so I wasn't sure whether I got that part right or not but am reading. Thanks all!

Rule of thirds is basically try not to have your main focus dead center of the pic. Kind of like below with a pic of a sunflower I took you will notice the main focus is more to the left instead of being dead center.

171.jpg

I understand a bit better - I was wrong in what I thought it meant. Thought it meant take a scene a make sure you have as much to the left of your shot as you do to the right (dividing a scence into thirds).

Most reactions

Back