Hidden Away in the Shadows- C&C please

Idaho21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was walking along a path in the woods, and a small patch of bright pink caught the corner of my eye. I had to get down very low to see a small flower tucked away under some brush. I too the pic in B&W, and I really like the way it came out.
I left a lot of the brush in the pic to try and show what was surrounding the small flower. Do you think the pic looks too busy with all of the other plants?

3680188650_fd1c1ea6f1_b.jpg

That was my concern with this pic.

Seems like if it was the color that caught your attention, that the image should be color here... no?

I was shooting some B&W pics at the time, and thought it looked interesting in B&W. I'll try a color version as well and see how it looks.

Alright. Here is a color version of the same pic. I think I prefer it in color. What do you think?
3679568221_09d2ef5681_b.jpg

The color version looks better, but the flower looks a tad soft. Try sharpening it a tad.

The problem with shooting and posting flowers is that there are so many out there, that you need to make sure it pops to make it stand out. All in all, I like the effort and idea.

Thanks for the advice everybody. I'll try cropping it later tonight and post results.

I can see why the color got your attention, but at the end of the day I don't think it's that interesting of a shot... you may have been able to compose it differently to make it so, but I'd have to see the entire scene to know... from what I see here, I don't see much of an image worth capturing. Sorry. :(

You also look like you have a bit of overexposure and possibly a bit of a focus problem. The overexposure isn't surprising- that would be a tough shot to expose right with all that dark green and the bright yellow/white area. When taking a shot like this, you have to meter on all the areas and make sure you have it right. Taking the shot in RAW will help you compensate for slight misses.

Keep trying and keep sharing!

I like this one in color better. It deserves life.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back