High Concentration of Developer

Commonman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I failed to carefully read the instructions and used a 1:7 concentration of HC-110. I was developing film in a small tank and used this highly concentrated solution. The negative appears to have turned out OK. But, would they not have been very overdeveloped because of the over concentrated HC-110 solution?

have you printed them ?

that is going to be the real test.

If they were overdeveloped, you'd expect them to have a very high density in all tonal areas. If you can see detail in the highlight areas, you may well have got away with it. It's possible you may see extended exposure times in your printing though.

I think I may have gotten away with it. This leads me to believe that being obsessive/compulsive about exact measurements may not be necessary. Nevertheless, who wants to waste HC-110? I sure don't.

You will be OK- I do not know what your usual working concentration is, but I generally work my Ilford a !:9 for shorter times.
JS

I think I may have gotten away with it. This leads me to believe that being obsessive/compulsive about exact measurements may not be necessary. Nevertheless, who wants to waste HC-110? I sure don't.

Or, you had underexposed your film. The proof will be in the printing, thats what really matters.

Be precise in your measurements. Be meticulous so that your results are spot on from roll to roll. Leave nothing to chance. That way you get into the practice of perfect. I measure my chems out to the mL everytime (well as close as I can get without a scale of some sort). Time, temperature, agitation, everything should be perfect. That way you fall into a rhythm and know what your procedure will produce. Then when it comes time to experiment, you'll know which way to go.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back