High Falls, in Fall

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is High Falls. Part of the Genesee River, flowing through Rochester, NY.

Comments and critiques welcome.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I do like this shot "as is"...wonderfully vivid colors and lots of visual interest. My only real complaint is the sky. Maybe try a polarizer next time?

That said, I do think I also might have explored the area a bit more if possible...maybe tried some closer shots of the falls or some lower/different angles, etc.. One almost gets the impression with the shot as is that perhaps it was taken from a tourist observation deck or something...and there's nothing wrong with that, but I do feel the scenery here warrants further exploration as well. The structures just to the right of the falls for example, look like they could make a very interesting subject in and of themselves....I could see myself easily spending a few hours just exploring that area.

I do like this shot "as is"...wonderfully vivid colors and lots of visual interest. My only real complaint is the sky. Maybe try a polarizer next time?

That said, I do think I also might have explored the area a bit more if possible...maybe tried some closer shots of the falls or some lower/different angles, etc.. One almost gets the impression with the shot as is that perhaps it was taken from a tourist observation deck or something...and there's nothing wrong with that, but I do feel the scenery here warrants further exploration as well. The structures just to the right of the falls for example, look like they could make a very interesting subject in and of themselves....I could see myself easily spending a few hours just exploring that area.

Thank you for your comment. I did have a polarizer, however, it may not have been rotated properly.

I would love to get a unique perspective on this falls, but 1.) there was a lot of construction going on, and I didn't want to jump fences. 2.) it's not worth it. With the steep cliffs around the falls, and the very strong flow of water, it just isn't in my deck of cards.

If you do go explore that area, there is a Lower Falls that people have ventured out to. Or you could enter the banks from further downstream and walk upstream closer to these High Falls. Otherwise, this is the view from the pedestrian bridge over the gorge.

Thank you for your comment. I did have a polarizer, however, it may not have been rotated properly.

I would love to get a unique perspective on this falls, but 1.) there was a lot of construction going on, and I didn't want to jump fences. 2.) it's not worth it. With the steep cliffs around the falls, and the very strong flow of water, it just isn't in my deck of cards.

If you do go explore that area, there is a Lower Falls that people have ventured out to. Or you could enter the banks from further downstream and walk upstream closer to these High Falls. Otherwise, this is the view from the pedestrian bridge over the gorge.

Quite understandable...without actually seeing the location, it's always hard to tell. That said, I do certainly agree that NO PHOTO is ever worth risking life and limb over (unless you're working for National Geographic, LOL!). I just passed up what I suspect would have been some really spectacular shots out in Hocking Hills, Ohio because of cliffs and such...my horrible fear of falling kept me from doing the rim trail of Conkle's Hollow. As much as I would have loved to get some shots up there, I just couldn't bring myself face to face with those 250 cliff faces....it happens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back