High Island Rookery

corralup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to the High Island, Texas Rookery Saturday. All the egret nest have pretty blue eggs in them. I found one to contain four eggs! They should hatch sometime next month. Got my first Northern Parula!

4473463229_9e4d597806_o.jpg

4476258805_cd661252f3_o.jpg

4474239594_59bf4ed46e_o.jpg

4474226162_0925bc80f3_o.jpg

4473461833_f8ffd8a7b5_o.jpg

Last edited:
You'd probably get a better response if you post the images. I'm lazy and I'm not clicking through each link.

Yes, I agree. I accidentally loaded them in the wrong link box instead of loading the image. Sorry 'bout that.

Corral
Those are some nice shots.
Would you mind providing some more info? Such as how far away are some of the nests, what lens, how long did it take to get those shots? What time of day, etc...
Thanks!

Corral
Those are some nice shots.
Would you mind providing some more info? Such as how far away are some of the nests, what lens, how long did it take to get those shots? What time of day, etc...
Thanks!

Hi. Thanks for checking it out. I used my Nikon D300, 300mm AF-S F4, 1.7TC.
Oh, and the light was really harsh. I took those between 10Am and 11:30am.
I finally gave up realizing the light wasn't gonna work for me.
I kind of knew that before going but was dying to check it out. I heard the Rookery was in full force. The distance was around 100ft.
I'll be going back in a couple weeks if not sooner. The sun will be behind me after 4pm.

Take care.

Sandy

what are those pink birds??? they are crazy looking. their awesome! lol ;) great shots.

Some really nice shots here. Number your photos next go 'round. It makes it easier to comment. Nice action shot on 4. Great pose on 5 showing what they do plus the feathers blowing are a nice addition. Nice eye focus on 6. Since you have a clear view of the eggs it should be wonderful when the babies come. Thank you for sharing.

Most reactions

Back