High ISO pic

joelbolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Kayaking along the other day with the K3iii set in Tav, with auto iso sensitivity selected range of 100-204800. Had the 55-300PLM attached with aperture at f4.5 and shutter speed of 1/2000. Came cruising by a steep, dark(it was early evening) bank and spotted a Gray Squirrel taking a drink about 20 feet away. Took a quick shot before it could
IMGP1078.jpg
scamper away, and when I reviewed the shot during editing I noticed the camera had auto selected 25600 iso. I did do some light editing, mainly contrast, and tone curve, but no noise reduction at all. Still a lot of detail in the shot.

Neat render. I really like that camera and I got to fondle a friend's recently acquired one. What a camera and handsome looking as well. He loves it and I can see why. I kind of want one and for no good reason.

Not sure I'd take that camera out in a kayak. I did a lot of canoeing when younger but the good ($$$$) cameras stayed home.

I
Not sure I'd take that camera out in a kayak. I did a lot of canoeing when younger but the good ($$$$) cameras stayed home.
I only carry it in the cockpit on very calm lakes and streams that I've been kayaking on for a couple of decades. When it comes to the more lively stuff, I've a couple of waterproofs that I use. I'm usually too busy paddling to be able to shoot scenes. Nice thing about Pentax though is that they, and the WR lenses, are able to handle water droplets without a problem

Most reactions

Back