Highland Adventure (pics to follow)

Resin42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just back from a four day camping trip to Oban in the Scottish West Highlands. There is some seriously amazing scenery up there and I've taken nearly 2000 shots which are sitting waiting to be processed as we speak once I get them off the girlfriends laptop. I'm hoping there's at least a couple of dozen good one's but at the moment who's to say. If you ever get a chance to go it is landscape heaven.

Be prepared, this thread's gonna get pretty pic heavy over the next few days. :)

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing them. Oban and the surrounding areas are quite beautiful.. unfortunately everytime i've been up that way i've been enjoying the roads just as much and didn't get any photos lol.

Yeah you see a lot of you guys on the roads about there, fantastic roads for driving on but I fear a Megane doesn't do them justice. :)

I've had a small crisis, an upload error has cost me over half of my shots form the Isle of Mull, I wouldn't mind so much but after a 10k round trip on foot I'd found a small humpback bridge and the weather was perfect. I was sure some of these would be my best shots of the trip and they're gone. I'm absolutely gutted! :(

Hey ho, on with the show, still plenty of good'ns in there.

These are a few from St Conan's Kirk on Loch Awe. We stopped on route when we saw this (that is to say I almost crashed the car when we saw this.) Built in the late 19th century, there's nothing like this anywhere.

The_Old_Rugged_Cross_by_Resin42.jpg

Gingerbread_Kirk_by_Resin42.jpg

Thy_Sun_Shall_No_More_Go_Down_by_Resin42.jpg

Behind_the_Alter_by_Resin42.jpg

A_Prayer_Before_the_Light_by_Resin42.jpg

Veeeerrry nice compositions. I particularly like 1 and 3.

Great pictures. Sad to hear you lost some of them. Look at it this way, gives a good excuse to head back someday!

Oh I'll be back and next time I take the car :)

A couple more for you.

Connell_Bridge_by_Resin42.jpg

Still_by_Resin42.jpg

Thin_Air_by_Resin42.jpg

Stalker_in_the_Mist_by_Resin42.jpg

Safe_Passage_by_Resin42.jpg

The weather was a bit dodgy on day two but we made the best of it. #9 is Castle Stalker and deserves an honourable mention for two reasons. 1, it is the most photographed landmark in the UK (apparently) and 2, you may recognise it as Castle Aaaaaaarg! From Monty Python's The Holy Grail. :D

Great shots! I love the one of the boat (7) but they're all good. Seeing these makes me want to go to Scotland for a shoot.

What's the weather like in Jan/feb?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back