bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There's a place on the Crawfordville Hwy up in the Big Bend area of NW Florida where someone has set out a bevy of old Ford trucks and various other 1940's and 1950's cars to "Rust in Peace," as the sign says. These are just playing around shots...Shattered Dreams was made in this rusted graveyard.

1953 DeSoto

'53-DeSoto.jpg

Ford Flathead V-8

flathead-ford.jpg

FORD - Found On Road Dead

Found-On-Road-Dead.jpg

Life Finds a Way

Life-Finds-a-Way.jpg

My Friend Leslie Suddenly Realizes She is Surrounded by Zombie Tourists

Highway-to-Hell-Part-1.jpg

Hwy-to-Hell-Part-2.jpg

Highway-to-Hell-Part-3.jpg

Last edited:
I love old car images, the rustier the better....these are very nice. Leslie has a death grip on that steering wheel :madass:

Dave

That FORD logo is great. Was it completely rusted over or was there moss on it too? Really really great shots!

Love to get that flat head running again

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

As long as that one cylinder with the missing plug isn't full of water & corroded, I'm willing to bet that with a new condenser, some clean oil & gas, and 30 minutes worth of tinkering, she'd come to life.

No Flywheel and all but two cylinders full of water....I think this old flatbed, flat head Ford is done for.

No Flywheel and all but two cylinders full of water....I think this old flatbed, flat head Ford is done for.
Okay... might need a couple of hours then. Those things are never done for, but some do need a little more work.

As long as that one cylinder with the missing plug isn't full of water & corroded, I'm willing to bet that with a new condenser, some clean oil & gas, and 30 minutes worth of tinkering, she'd come to life.
Looks like the plug head is snapped off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I really really love the first at third photos. I am a sucker for contrasting texture.
I can feel the bumps and crevices just by looking at the images.

The second photo I would like better if it was straighter. It's a matter of taste, that's all.
The Dutch angle is unpleasant to me and I mentally correct it.

Love looking at these!! Number 2 is probably my fave!

The FORD photo is under exposed quite a bit. Note how the histogram shows all the pixels are over against the left side of the histogram.

I opened the photo on Camera Raw.
In the Tone Curve Panel I moved the pixels to the right as much as I could
I then opened the photo in Ps CC 2015, duplicated the Background layer and in the new layer made the Camera Raw Filter active.
Using the Camera Filter's Adjustment Brush tool I brushed another +0.5 EV to just the FORD logo adjusting the size of the brush as needed.
I also set then set the Adjustment brush to Blacks -40, Clarity + 30, Saturation +30.
Then using Image > Canvas Size I added an 0.025" inch black border on all 4 sides of the image.

Found-On-Road-DeadEdit.jpg

Most reactions

Back