Hill and sunset

xDarek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to get some feedback on these photos.I'm still a begginer and i want to know what I did wrong and what I did good.Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• DSCF3208.JPG
    DSCF3208.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF3211.JPG
    DSCF3211.JPG
    314.1 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF3209.JPG
    DSCF3209.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 88
I would say the sun was not down far enough so you had a blown out spot in the middle. I like to get the colors in the clouds but just a hint of the sun so exposures can capture the cloud colors. Here's an example of sunset on the Gulf of Mexico. Just a couple of minutes earlier and the sun would have blown out the center of the shot.
Bird-on-beach-at-sunset---small.jpg

I would say the sun was not down far enough so you had a blown out spot in the middle. I like to get the colors in the clouds but just a hint of the sun so exposures can capture the cloud colors. Here's an example of sunset on the Gulf of Mexico. Just a couple of minutes earlier and the sun would have blown out the center of the shot.
View attachment 113819
Ok, thank you for your feedback and nice pic.

Sunsets with darkish foregrounds are a tricky subject type for most d-slr cameras. There's only been two d-slr models that can REALLY handle the setting sun and dark foregrounds well: the FujiFilm S3 Pro and the FujiFilm S5 Pro...those two cameras had special, dual-pixel sensor designs, with a segment of the pixels being designed to be able to handle extremely bright, brilliant light values, and which had nothing to do at all with low brightness values. You shots sow that typical, nuclear sun area, where the setting sun is just a big "blob".

Graduated neutral density filters can "pull down" that sun-area';s brightness so that it more closely matches the kind of response that will literally reveal the sun as a ROUND object, with a bright aura surrounding it, and which can also hold a LOT of detail in the zones around that sun aura. Something like a soft-edge, three-stop to four-stop Neutral Density filter (aka ND filter) would have made this an easier scene to shoot. Graduated Neutral Density Filters | B&H Photo Video

A second issue: shots made at sunset need some kind of visual interest in the foreground. Something to LOOK AT....yours don't offer much in that way. Getting the camera into a good location, with something interesting to look at when it is seen in shadow/low light/ against the light, is really a good basic strategy.

Most reactions

Back