Hill- Another Test Shoot With a Beautiful Male Model

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really love this shot from a test shoot yesterday morning. I chose this model for his striking features and because he has a very memorable face to me. Any feedback is appreciated.

Natural light + silver reflector.
EOS 5D MKI
EF 85mm f/1.8 @F/2.5
1/2500TH sec
ISO 800
_mg_1799_by_danostergren-d9yvk6u.jpg

Feedback.........Keep doing what you're doing!

Seriously though, I can't pick any flaws out.

Love the processing. The foreground separation, the highlights in the hair, the chest shadow....

Nicely nicely nicely done.

reminds me of James Dean

I wish my real shoots were as good as your tests...

I wish my real shoots were as good as your tests...
Haha, I wish my client shoots were as good as my test shoots. I have a hard time being creative when there is money and expectations involved.

Feedback.........Keep doing what you're doing!

Seriously though, I can't pick any flaws out.

Love the processing. The foreground separation, the highlights in the hair, the chest shadow....

Nicely nicely nicely done.
Wow, thank you! I was thinking this could be a candidate for competition, but I think his hand and elbow being blocked by grass could stop it from scoring well.

I'm glad the hair caught your attention. I dodged the highlights in his hair to make it stand out a little bit more.

Wow, thank you! I was thinking this could be a candidate for competition, but I think his hand and elbow being blocked by grass could stop it from scoring well.

I'm glad the hair caught your attention. I dodged the highlights in his hair to make it stand out a little bit more.

To me if the grass wasn't there it would look like he was just in front of a fake background.
This is a outstanding photo, that is very impressive! :Hail.sml:

It's interesting having been away for a while and coming back to see your work, Dan. I always knew you were talented, but the past two shots I've seen from you I was like "errr... wow."

Love the composition and the way you've used the corn (?) to frame him, the way the eyes are pulled around the frame and back again. Really neat.

first thought was a very James Dean dark rebellious mood as well.Well done!

It's interesting having been away for a while and coming back to see your work, Dan. I always knew you were talented, but the past two shots I've seen from you I was like "errr... wow."

Love the composition and the way you've used the corn (?) to frame him, the way the eyes are pulled around the frame and back again. Really neat.
Thank you. Corn fields would be fun, but for this shoot was just a grassy field.

first thought was a very James Dean dark rebellious mood as well.Well done!
Thank you. My thoughts go straight to vampire romance novels, lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back