Hillsborough fort and lake in Co Down Northern Ireland

Jono

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
wasnt tired after nightshift, so took a wee walk around the lake and fort in Hillsborough, bit of a departure from my normal pictures doing landscape type shots. Results are a bit mixed IMO, so I appologise in advance. All are straight out of the camera, no PP other than coverting from RAW and adding the border.

So, have alook and all comments welcomed.

1:
5164181370_d5b4557fa7_b.jpg

2:
5164170812_40cd5c3d63_b.jpg

3:
5163570051_5d25857444_b.jpg

4:
5164185156_5ac5e1a84b_b.jpg

5:
5163587909_ba19b6ca94_b.jpg

Nice to see some more photos from Northern-Ireland. I've been to Hillsborough before, but don't remember much of it, I'm afraid. I don't think I've ever been to the castle, though I might be mistaken. You had some beautiful weather, before the big storm - is it there yet? I've seen it coming on the European weather map. Nasty thing, by the look of it...

Well, as to your photos, I really like the intense blues in the first and the inclusion of the twigs as foreground elements. They don't work quite as well in the second, though. The second is too divided into two halves, to my mind, which applies to the first, as well, only don't I mind it with the first but do with the second.

Your subjects look very centred in all of these, which becomes most apparent in the third, what with the red berries being smack in the centre (castle and impressive trees in 4 and 5, too). But you seem to have enough room for some creative cropping in post. You might want to consider doing that or at least trying some different crops on these.

That tree (5) is really impressive!
I wonder why you get this tiny bit of blurriness in the top part of the treetop - could there be something wrong with your lens?

Thanks for your comments, just noticing the blur now. It may have been me shaking what with it being just above 0 degrees lol. Had a quick go at cropping No. 2:
5166631795_1173e121f2_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back