Hiya! :)

Crimsona

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thekirja.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey! :) I'm 13 and I'm from England (woot). I've always kind of been interested in photography and recently my Dad's girlfriend gave me her old camera. Since then I've kind of become a liiittle bit obsessed with it! I mainly enjoy photographing the natural world (or basically anything that doesn't move around too much) as well as my cat who is the most photogenic cat I think I've ever met.

I really don't know much about photography at all though, so I thought that joining a forum... thing, might help me a bit since most of the photographers here seem to be absolutely amazing!

Hiya Crimsona and welcome to the forum. At 13 you have many years ahead of you to learn all about photography so take your time and enjoy your hobby. What camera do you have?

Thanks for the welcome. I have an Olympus x-42. It's an awful camera (and seriously old) to be honest but I don't have enough money to buy a new one. >.<

Welcome!

I wish I started at 13...

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. And nah, you don't. No one really takes 13 year olds seriously. >.<

TRUE! But, when they do start taking you serious, your skills should be well developed and your work will speak for itself at a much earlier age than most of us.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. And nah, you don't. No one really takes 13 year olds seriously. >.<

TRUE! But, when they do start taking you serious, your skills should be well developed and your work will speak for itself at a much earlier age than most of us.

I suppose that you're right. :) Starting earlier does have its advantages.

Welcome to the forums, Crimsona! I don't remember what I did at 13, but it sure wasn't taking pictures! More power to ya!

welcome to the forum :) I know the people here have helped me grow as a photographer and im sure you will get a lot out of it. Some people here can be well a little harsh on photos but dont let it get you down... really we are trying to help. :p
be sure to keep posting and at some point i recommend getting a camera that has manual settings (lets you control aperture, shutter speed, iso). but to start out thats not really needed :p the Olympus x-42 should do just fine.
Again welcome :)

Thanks for the welcomes!

Yes, I probably should - this camera's pretty bad and has hardly any settings at all. I'm thinking about getting a Canon in near future. :)

Welcome!

I wish i were taking photos at the age of 13, good deal.

Stick around! If you really are addicted to like the rest of us, you will catch on quick.

And before you go about and by a new camera, post a thread and we will help you out with that!

Welcome!

I wish i were taking photos at the age of 13, good deal.

Stick around! If you really are addicted to like the rest of us, you will catch on quick.

And before you go about and by a new camera, post a thread and we will help you out with that!

Thanks!

That sounds like a good idea, I'll do that. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back