Hobbes & AlisonS, the very 1st TPF couple

Oh sheweeewwww!!!... I thought you guys yer joking :wink:

:shock: I see the no need to rush into things reasoning. I have two nephews just a bit older than your two but about the same distance apart in age...and OMG they wear me out just by watching them. I don't see how my sister and Bro-in-law do it. I have enough trouble keeping my crap straight much less trying to keep those two inorder. I will admit though they are two of the brightest lads I've ever seen. They oldest wants to grow up to be an artist so I've been giving him every oppurtunity to exploit his uncle for supplies. My next purchase for him will be a camera....I've been looking at toy 35mm...maybe the quad-cams as his first. Those are fun to play around with.

Yes, they keep me hopping, that's for sure. My oldest shows a great deal of interest in photography. I will let him shoot with the 10D (assisted) and he has reign of our Canon G1 that was our first digital camera. He does have a good eye already. He took this shot of me a few months ago:

IMG_5082.jpg

He will be 5 in November.

With you two guys raising him he'll probably be the next Ansel. Hey maybe we should start a childrens pic post thread and post the wee folks artwork?

mygrain said:
With you two guys raising him he'll probably be the next Ansel. Hey maybe we should start a childrens pic post thread and post the wee folks artwork?

That's a great idea! I'll have to start one in the themes section tonight. And actually, my ex-husband (Tim-aka Varthlokkur on this site) and I own a photography business together so Christopher will be getting this camera gene from all sides.

AlisonS said:
mygrain said:

That's a great idea! I'll have to start one in the themes section tonight. And actually, my ex-husband (Tim-aka Varthlokkur on this site) and I own a photography business together so Christopher will be getting this camera gene from all sides.

Sweet, I'll gather some things and get 'em ready to post.

I'm sure by the time my son can hold my D70 it'll be his :) Hopefully by then full frame sensors will be going strong and cheap :D

oriecat said:
Yeah, it doesn't matter how crazy it sounds, because that's just how life and love can be. My bf and I said "I love you" after we'd been together a week, and who woulda believed you could fall in love that fast, but we did and now it's over 3 1/2 years later and we're still here... :)

Well, since Aoide resurrected this thread, I don't mind going back to the beginning and commenting.

I met the Girl in grad school in 1996. We dated straight through to 1999 when we graduated. She got a job in St. Louis and I was too immature to move out with her, so we broke up. She dated some dude for 3 years, and I dated several during that time. When she broke up with said dude, she called me all upset, and came out to DC about a month later (this was in 2002) on business...forced her way into my apartment, and we've been back together ever since...she thinks it's fate...I think it's stalking.

Alison/Hobbes...there's a concept in Judaism called Be'sherr'et. According the this concept, when God creates a soul, he creates its perfect mate along with it. Part of our job on Earth is to find that perfect mate...sadly most never do (and that doesn't mean you don't love your spouse or have a horrible life...it just means that the few who do have it that much better). My folks are definitely each others mates...there's no doubt, and my mom is convinced that they were together in other lives and will be for eternity...my dad rolls his eyes (see the family pattern here?).

Anyway, congrats on finding each other and congrats on Little E!

Alison/Hobbes...there's a concept in Judaism called Be'sherr'et. According the this concept, when God creates a soul, he creates its perfect mate along with it. Part of our job on Earth is to find that perfect mate...sadly most never do (and that doesn't mean you don't love your spouse or have a horrible life...it just means that the few who do have it that much better).
I believe in this concept. :love:

I figured it was danalec who dug this thread up....he's been burrowing like a little wart hog lately. ;) I'm pleased to see it was Laurie! :D

How much fun is it to read all that? :lovey:

sure...blame me! :grumpy:

Most reactions

Back