Hobby within a hobby

Railphotog - impressive!!!!!!
I had no idea there were actual insides to model things, just the facade to make it all look better.

No I am getting excited about my deliveries of buildings, people, animals, cars, track and scenery such as trees.

Not sure what I'm going to use for grass - but I will probably spend some time at the model store this weekend looking - as I will want to make sure I get that in person rather than online.

One of the things that really good modelers and diorama makers do is to create things--items for the railcars for instance. Lots of possibilities here depending upon the scale you're operating with. Additionally, the art of weathering is amazing. This is what turns a fresh, shiny, new, model-looking model into something that with the right setup will pass for the real thing.

Just walk alongside a set of rails to see all the detritus that piles up there and that gives ideas just for your rails. Rust, grease, and dirt/dusty (plus my favorite....streaked dust as a result of rain), paint chips and fading. Individual equipment for engineers or people....machinery and repair tools for work on the rolling stock....what the cars would carry (coal, wood, cars, animals, boxes, industrial equipment). Tons of options.

Last edited:
Photography is my passion. I am a professional wedding photographer. I have shoot hundreds of wedding in all over the Toronto. Come and visit my website and have a look my clicks.

Most reactions

Back