Hockey Action Shots - QMJHL

newphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Friends!

I had the opportunity to shoot a QMJHL game last evening - Saint John Sea Dogs vs. Acadie-Bathurst Titan. We (SJ) lost, but what the heck.

This was the second time I shot a game at that level, and I had a blast. I've been shooting for almost a year. I'm hoping to gather some feedback on the shots that I captured. Maybe even your favourites and/or least favourites. I thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Cheers,

Chris

$SJSeaDogs_ChrisParent-7005287.jpg$SJSeaDogs_ChrisParent-7005306.jpg$SJSeaDogs_ChrisParent-7005307.jpg$SJSeaDogs_ChrisParent-7005332.jpg$SJSeaDogs_ChrisParent-7005345.jpg$SJSeaDogs_ChrisParent-7005366.jpg$SJSeaDogs_ChrisParent-7005369.jpg$SJSeaDogs_ChrisParent-7005388.jpg$SJSeaDogs_ChrisParent-7005403.jpg$SJSeaDogs_ChrisParent-7005405.jpg

I think these are really good. You stopped the action really nicely with what can be really fast targets. They seem to be clear and could be used for newspaper ir magazine easily.

I like 1 the best because you captured every one looking at the fight.

Thanks Parker!

I wouldn't have thought that the first shot would be a favourite, but that's the beauty of photography. My personal favourite would probably be the last one.

Nice set. Maybe a little overexposed but that might be my laptop. Number 8 is the best. Nice action and most important the puck is in the frame.

Yep, 8 would be my favorite non fight picture too.

Nice set. Maybe a little overexposed but that might be my laptop. Number 8 is the best. Nice action and most important the puck is in the frame.

Thanks MSnowy! I too was a bit worried that they were overexposed. Does anyone else think so? I may have overexposed to avoid shots like my last time. Attached is an image from the last time I shot a game.

$6948288711_4c2bc2c2ae_z.jpg

Nice set. I like #2 as my favorite. I think your captured all the elements of the game.

I was walking through Wal-mart shopping with the wife and pulled this thread up. The first thing I noticed was how the colors popped off my phone. At home on my computer they look even better. I agree with the others, I like #8 the best. I'm sure hockey is a very tough sport to shoot. Great job!

I was walking through Wal-mart shopping with the wife and pulled this thread up. The first thing I noticed was how the colors popped off my phone. At home on my computer they look even better. I agree with the others, I like #8 the best. I'm sure hockey is a very tough sport to shoot. Great job!

Hey Rob, thanks a bunch! I'm amazed with the colours as well.

Does anyone have any comments on the composition? I'm looking to improve for the next time.

Number 1 are is my favorite. All are great pictures, but this one in particular not only show what's going on in the game, but what's going on in the minds of the players.
Number 5 is also a fantastic POV. Looks like someone finally was in the right place and the right time!

Most reactions

Back