Hog at Rest - C&C Appreciated

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please let me know what you think, thanks as always.

hogatrest tpf.jpg

I think a crop on the right side would help a lot. i like the idea your going for, but i think it's to much space and that you have to focus on the subject, which is the bike and not the full tree

nice idea though!!

I like the treatment, but I agree with Matt; not fond of the composition. In addition to the already mentioned empty space, is the road, which I find grabs my eye and takes it right out of the LH side of the image. I think maybe this might have been better had you composed it so the road was in the middle, leading the eye to the motorcycle, and then to the rest of the image.

This is great feedback- thank you guys. Unfortunately part of the problem was if you moved the frame even a small amount to the left you wound up with tents and people and coolers and all kinds of crud... so to some degree I was a bit stuck. Seemed a neat shot, though, so I did what I could to frame it.

I do have another exposure that I think may actually be a better starting point, but I cannot seem to quite get a crop I'm 100% happy with. It seems when I crop out the top right it winds up taking something away. Dunno. Thoughts on this new one?

Thanks, again!

Motorcycle in the Shade - 002 tpf.jpg

hmmm... one more quick rev.

Motorcycle in the Shade - 002 sm tpf.jpg

hmmm... it's the silence kiss of death, which I think usually means that people are looking and going "oh god no, what a train wreck" and are afraid to say anything negative. :lol:

I hate that. I'd rather people tear into me so I can learn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back