HOH Rainforest

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got back from the HOH rainforest in Washington. Spent four days in the woods :D .
Our destination was to reach the blue glacier which was a mile and a half from glacier meadows (4300' elevation, 18.1 miles from the parking lot)
By the end of the tirp we had hiked 42.2 miles :shock: .
I filled up my little 256mb card in the first day :(
anywhos, here's a few pictures from the trip..

josh-and-big-tree.jpg

forest.jpg

glacier.jpg

I can't believe how many post's I missed while gone, looks like I got some reading to do :shock:

Those are some great shots. I'll bet that composite one would look great when blown up. It's a little dark in lower left corner though.

My favorite is the 2nd one with the fog. I don't like the overhanging bits at the top of the frame but otherwise I think it's an excellent shot.

NICE!

#1 my fav

Great shots, what a beautiful area! #2 is my fav.

dude, you just get better and better. I absolutely love shot 2! looks like a place i need to visit in the future!!

Thanks guys :D
I would highly recomend visiting the Olympic Park to anyone who likes the outdoors. Even if your not up for a large hike there is so much to see within easy walking range.
heh, we are already planning a different hike in the same area :D

Great photos, especially the #2 with the fog and trees. :shock:

I have never made it up to Glacier Meadows before but have done a good bit of hiking along the river and beaches.

Have you had a chance to dry out yet?

Slowboat said:
Have you had a chance to dry out yet?

hmm, are you referring to the rain, because we were actually quite lucky :D
it only rained on day two, which lucky enough was the final leg of the climb, and without the rain im not sure I would have made it to the top :shock: . After that day of rain it was beautiful weather :D

Have you hiked any other trails in the Olympic park? any suggestions? I heard the seven lakes trail is amazing.. or is it six lakes :wink:

craig said:
I love the shots of the glacier. How technical did the climb get?

there was no actual climbing gear involved, the only hard spots would be crossing one foot wide logs 6 feet up across rivers, besides that there is some pretty narrow parts of the trails that are extremly high, but nothing to tough. Lots of people bring climbing axe's and crampons and sumit some of the mountains above the glacier, but I'm not equipped to do that :(

pilgrim said:
hmm, are you referring to the rain, because we were actually quite lucky :D

Have you hiked any other trails in the Olympic park? any suggestions? I heard the seven lakes trail is amazing.. or is it six lakes :wink:

I was refering to the constant mist and drizzle coming in from the coast. Seems like every time I go the area lives up to its name of a rain forest.

Sorry no other trail suggestions. I have not ventured far from the Hoh river and the beaches.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back