Hola, from Atlanta...

DLozada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Of course, I am new to the forum. I must say I like how active it is. It seems very informative. Anyway, as far as photography is concerned, I have always loved taking pictures. I am always told that I have a natural eye for taking awesome photos. To be honest I think I do too. Photography is something that I just enjoy doing, but if I can make money at it too then why not.

I am interested in nature photography, especially skyscapes and just anything related to natural lighting. I am also interested in taking random photos of people doing the most mundane of things.

I currently do not have any photographic equipment that I would be proud of mentioning,so I will spare myself the embarrassment . In order to earn myself some cool points I am looking to purchase the Nikon D70. :D

Welcome to the forum.

If you are considering the D70...you might also look at the D80, the D50 or the newly announced D40. Or even something from another company...like the Canon Rebel series. The Rebel XT is going pretty cheap these days...but I guess so is the D70(s).

Big Mike said:
Welcome to the forum.

If you are considering the D70...you might also look at the D80, the D50 or the newly announced D40.

Thanks. Yeah, I was comparing/contrasting the D50 vs. the D70, and I didn't find any major differences.

I'm not 100% sure...but I think the D50 is much smaller and somewhat lighter than the D70. Which may or may not be better for you. I have big hands...so I don't like the smaller cameras.

Also, the D50 is newer than the D70 and is supposed to have better technology...things like AF speed and image buffer. The new D40 is made to be quite inexpensive...but the major difference that I have heard...is that the D40 will not work (or will work but with no Auto focus) with older Nikon lenses. If you don't have older Nikon lenses...that shouldn't be a problem though.

Welcome to the Forum.

Welcome. I am in Atlanta for work fairly often. Unless you are trying to save money. I suggest D-50 or D-80. We have a D-50 and its a great camera. But if you are going to pay a couple hundred more for a D-70. Might as well move up to the D-80 and get the newer features / upgrades.

By the way KEH is in your area (very large used camera / equipment dealer). They don't have a show room. But your close enough to pick up the items withough shipping. www.keh.com One of the trusted used dealers around.

Welcome to the Forum DLozada! Heh.. I don't have any worthy cameras and such either. =P

Welcome aboard!

Most reactions

Back