Holga vs Nikon

The Holga image is best of course, but it must just be the settings used.... Do you notice on all the Holga pics posted recently that there is a dark lens blowout in the corners of the images (not just this one). Obviously a lens problem. Center seems fine, but this appature is just too wide for the lens design. I don't feel like this is a fair shake for the Nikon, even though I'm not a Nikon dude. I'm not bustin the Holga either, but it seems to have a lens prob.

bronzeo said:
The Holga image is best of course, but it must just be the settings used.... Do you notice on all the Holga pics posted recently that there is a dark lens blowout in the corners of the images (not just this one). Obviously a lens problem. Center seems fine, but this appature is just too wide for the lens design. I don't feel like this is a fair shake for the Nikon, even though I'm not a Nikon dude. I'm not bustin the Holga either, but it seems to have a lens prob.

The plastic lens of the Holga is less than perfect, but gives them character. The Nikon D70 is an outstanding camera and produces great images.

I am actually a little disappointed with the Holgas. I was hoping for a light leak and perhaps some interesting lens defects. I have had 3 of them and all produced good images with no light leaks. I guess you have to scratch the lens and drill a hole for the light leak.

OH I guess then that it is a haha in me. 8) I don't really know what one is, but saw a photo of one on another thread. Maybe one that you posted. Looked kinda from the dark ages, or from a Dick Tracey movie.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back