I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just in time for whatever holiday you are celebrating! This the same make and model lens as the last one we donated.
(we purchased a few of these with the intention of donating some new lenses for the holidays)
sorry this isn't Nikkor AF-S or Canon L but....
this is NEW IN BOX! we are also making a new change for this donation and including Canada in our list of places we will send this to. (the wife is Canadian) as with the US locations, we will also cover the shipping costs to Canada. Other than that, its just another regular old donation here on TPF.

this is a Tamron AF 55-200mm DiII f/4-5.6 LD macro (Nikon mount)
(DiII means it was designed for DX format) 52mm filter size
this lens is Nikon AF-D style so it DOES NOT have its own focus motor.
NEW in box with front and rear lens cap, lens hood, and accompanying paperwork.

You all know how this works at this point. (I hope)
we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warranty, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. (even to Canada)

the criteria for getting the lens is as follows:
1: you NEED this lens, meaning you DO NOT already have this focal range or reasonably close. (my call)
(having another brand and saying you don't like it doesn't count)
2: you already have a camera capable of mounting this lens (no putting the cart before the horse)
3: you live in the continental united states OR Canada
4: you have been a member of the forum for more than 2 months. (and been a reasonably active member of the TPF community)
(ALL rules are at me and my wife's discretion. we reserve the right to change the criteria or cancel the donation at ANY time for ANY dumb old reason)

i will let this thread run for a week or so. If you are interested in the lens, post on THIS THREAD with your intentions for the lens,an honest gear list, and why you believe you need the lens. PM's or emails may or may not get considered.

thank you all for the chance to help out the photography community.

-Jason and the Wife

View attachment 28075View attachment 28076

Awesome, makes me wish I still had my D90. lol.

Good stuff, filling camera bags across the country one lens at a time. :)

Another wonderful deed, my friend.

Sorry, does this say donation as in... you're not selling, you're giving it away?

Sir, I don't know how you can do that, or why you'd choose to, but kudos on you for showing that there are generous people out there!

I don't qualify (as I just joined) and I shoot Canon, but I thank you for just making this available to the community!!!

You know my deal. My kid's getting my D90 next month and could use a lens to go with it.

Sorry, does this say donation as in... you're not selling, you're giving it away?

I believe that is an appropriate definition of "donation", and yes, that is what i am doing.

:thumbup: :thumbup: for pixmedic and his wife's incredible generosity. I was the lucky receiver of the other Tamron 55-200mm and am enjoying it immensely on my D90. Arrived promptly in new, pristine condition... fast and sharp enough to catch my young, energetic Shepherd dog in action. Would have missed a lot of fun (and memorable) shots without pixmedic and his wife's kindness.

This would fit in well with my current set up. My camera is a D80, my wife uses a D5100. I have been wanting to get into some more sports shooting, but only having a 50, 18-55, and 24-80 limits me in what I can do. My wife has also recently gotten into photographing pageants, so this would help her out as well in that new endeavor. she is working to expand out business since she was recently let go from her previous job.

Thank you for the chance and good luck to whom ever wins.

Rats, too bad this isn't a Canon mount. I can use a telephoto lens since the longest focal range I have is my 85mm f1.8 lens. Oh well, thumbs up for a good deed and hope it goes to a well-deserving person.

I don't need the lens, I just wanted to say kudos to you and your wife for doing this! I've been lurking the Buy and Sell boards for the past month and have noticed your many donation threads. It is a wonderful thing you are doing! :thumbsup:

Being new to the site, and pretty much new to being serious about photography, I think this is a really awesome thing you and your wife are doing. Haven't been here 2 months but I think it is very nice of you to do this. Happy holidays to both of you!

JB

just in time for whatever holiday you are celebrating! This the same make and model lens as the last one we donated.
(we purchased a few of these with the intention of donating some new lenses for the holidays)
sorry this isn't Nikkor AF-S or Canon L but....
this is NEW IN BOX! we are also making a new change for this donation and including Canada in our list of places we will send this to. (the wife is Canadian) as with the US locations, we will also cover the shipping costs to Canada. Other than that, its just another regular old donation here on TPF.

this is a Tamron AF 55-200mm DiII f/4-5.6 LD macro (Nikon mount)
(DiII means it was designed for DX format) 52mm filter size
this lens is Nikon AF-D style so it DOES NOT have its own focus motor.
NEW in box with front and rear lens cap, lens hood, and accompanying paperwork.

You all know how this works at this point. (I hope)
we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warranty, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. (even to Canada)

the criteria for getting the lens is as follows:
1: you NEED this lens, meaning you DO NOT already have this focal range or reasonably close. (my call)
(having another brand and saying you don't like it doesn't count)
2: you already have a camera capable of mounting this lens (no putting the cart before the horse)
3: you live in the continental united states OR Canada
4: you have been a member of the forum for more than 2 months. (and been a reasonably active member of the TPF community)
(ALL rules are at me and my wife's discretion. we reserve the right to change the criteria or cancel the donation at ANY time for ANY dumb old reason)

i will let this thread run for a week or so. If you are interested in the lens, post on THIS THREAD with your intentions for the lens,an honest gear list, and why you believe you need the lens. PM's or emails may or may not get considered.

thank you all for the chance to help out the photography community.

-Jason and the Wife

View attachment 28075View attachment 28076

Dude...at this point we all know you robbed a camera store and can't figure out how to fence all the items so now you're just "giving" them away.

But in all seriousness...WHERE DO YOU FIND ALL THIS CAMERA GEAR?

And in even more seriousness it is a great thing you are doing. Merry X-mas.

Dude...at this point we all know you robbed a camera store and can't figure out how to fence all the items so now you're just "giving" them away.

But in all seriousness...WHERE DO YOU FIND ALL THIS CAMERA GEAR?.........

He's actually a Somolian pirate who hijacked a ship full of camera gear. He's giving away the stuff he can't sell.
Piratesailr.gif

Most reactions

Back