Holiday Donation! NIB Tamron 55-200

Dude...at this point we all know you robbed a camera store and can't figure out how to fence all the items so now you're just "giving" them away.

But in all seriousness...WHERE DO YOU FIND ALL THIS CAMERA GEAR?.........

He's actually a Somalian pirate who hijacked a ship full of camera gear. He's giving away the stuff he can't sell.
Piratesailr.gif

I seem to get asked this a lot.
one day I will have to explain the whole process that goes into these things.
It is an epic tale, full of mysticism, science, and sorcery. And for some strange reason, Dachshunds.

Dude...at this point we all know you robbed a camera store and can't figure out how to fence all the items so now you're just "giving" them away.

But in all seriousness...WHERE DO YOU FIND ALL THIS CAMERA GEAR?.........

He's actually a Somalian pirate who hijacked a ship full of camera gear. He's giving away the stuff he can't sell.
Piratesailr.gif

I seem to get asked this a lot.
one day I will have to explain the whole process that goes into these things.
It is an epic tale, full of mysticism, science, and sorcery. And for some strange reason, Dachshunds.

I eagerly await any story that involves weiner dogs.

Everybody's working for the weekend! I know I am anyway... Only 21 hours to go!
Bumping for the weekend.

There must be SOMEONE that needs this!
Dont forget we are including Canada within our shipping parameters.

<deleted>

Last edited:
The Nikon 55-200 or 55-300 for my D200 is on my shopping list for right after Christmas. The 18-70 I have just doesn't quite fill the frame sometimes. I would very much appreciate having my name thrown in the hat.

Edit: I failed to follow instructions. My equipment list for my 200 is a 18-70.

When I bought the A200, it was so I could use my AI lenses. I'm from the old school where a zoom can never be as sharp as a prime lens. Since I saw how sharp my modern 18-70 is, I never used any of the AI lenses and I'm sure I never will, that is, until film makes a come back and my F2A's are once again, top dog :waiting:

Last edited:
The Nikon 55-200 or 55-300 for my D200 is on my shopping list for right after Christmas. The 18-70 I have just doesn't quite fill the frame sometimes. I would very much appreciate having my name thrown in the hat.

When I bought the A200, it was so I could use my AI lenses. I'm from the old school where a zoom can never be as sharp as a prime lens. Since I saw how sharp my modern 18-70 is, I never used any of the AI lenses and I'm sure I never will, that is, until film makes a come back and my F2A's are once again, top dog :waiting:

Keep in mind that the tamron lens does not have vibration reduction like the nikon lenses will. If VR is a big deal for you, one of the nikon lenses would be better. It will AF on a D200 though. As long as you are aware of the limitations of the lens we are donating, your name is in the hat.

Keep in mind that the tamron lens does not have vibration reduction like the nikon lenses will. If VR is a big deal for you, one of the nikon lenses would be better. It will AF on a D200 though. As long as you are aware of the limitations of the lens we are donating, your name is in the hat.

Thanks for the consideration Pix. I just kind'a smiled when you mentioned about the VR being important.
I went 40 years without VR. During those 40 years we called it a tripod. I'm still looking for that button on that Crown Graphic...:)
Maybe someday down the line I'd get a Nikon be able to forward it to the next digital Noobie.

Last edited:
Thanks for the consideration Pix. I just kind'a smiled when you mentioned about the VR being important.
I went 40 years without VR. During those 40 years we called it a tripod. I'm still looking for that button is somewhere on that Crown Graphic...:)
Maybe someday down the line I'd get a Nikon be able to forward it to the next digital Noobie.

Well, i seem to see a lot of posts here revolving around VR being a "must have" for lenses now. I mostly bring it up in the interest of full disclosure, so people are aware there is a difference between this lens and the 55-200 VR nikon lens since you mentioned it. Aside from no VR it also doesn't have a built in motor. AF might be an issue for people that don't have a body with an AF motor.

I went 40 years without VR. During those 40 years we called it a tripod. I'm still looking for that button is somewhere on that Crown Graphic...:)

Well, i seem to see a lot of posts here revolving around VR being a "must have" for lenses now. I mostly bring it up in the interest of full disclosure, so people are aware there is a difference between this lens and the 55-200 VR nikon lens since you mentioned it. Aside from no VR it also doesn't have a built in motor. AF might be an issue for people that don't have a body with an AF motor.

I read a lot of "must haves" too and shake my head. My grandfather always said everyone should learn to hunt with a single barrel shotgun. Knowing you have only one shot forces you to take your time and make that shot count. In the long run, it makes you a better hunter.
I think that same line of thought could carry over to photography. Maybe everyone should start over with auto-nothing. When it costs you a $1.00 for every mistake, you think twice before pressing the shutter. One picture at a time worked for a LOT of years.

Last edited:

I read a lot of "must haves" too and shake my head. My grandfather always said everyone should learn to hunt with a single barrel shotgun. Knowing you have only one shot forces you to take your time and make that shot count. In the long run, it makes you a better hunter.
I think that same line of thought could carry over to photography. Maybe everyone should start over with auto-nothing. When it costs you a $1.00 for every mistake, you think twice before pressing the shutter. One picture at a time worked for a LOT of years.

Not to go too off topic here, but I don't know if I read it here or somewhere else, but I've been taking my camera out, sans display. Black electrical tape over the display. All I get to know are my settings, via the vewfinder, and the meter. To compound on that, when we do these little 'learning projects' we GO somewhere, like a park 30 minutes away or a museum an hour away. We don't look at the pictures until we get home. This really forces us to get it right the first time, not as much as film, but enough to feel like you wasted a day if you screw up. We shoot full manual all the time, including these trips!

I truly think those of us that have learned on digital are at a disservice. My only film experience is cheap film point and shoot cameras and disposable cameras, which I took to Wal-Mart to get developed! Digital is fantastic and I truly can't imagine getting into photography in this capacity shooting film! But there is definitely a difference between those who learned on film, and those of us who learned on digital!

its sunday!!
quick weekend bump. would like to wrap this one up soon so I can move on to the next. (different lens though)
sooooo....maybe a few days left to get in on this if your interested. might make the call as early as monday and try to ship it out tuesday after work. (and a nap) You can still get this in time to put under the xmas tree with a tag that says "From Pixmedic and wife"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back