Holiday Donation! NIB Tamron 55-200

True. Please put me back in, then. D40, AF 28mm f/2.8 Nikkor, AF 50mm f/1,8 Nikkor, AI-S 105mm f/4 Micro Nikkor. I know the Tammy wont AF on the D40 - neither do my others.

My kit lens was given to my son when his 18-55 broke (out of warranty).

I believe you have my address already.

I do. i will sending you the 28mm f/2.8 this week. was this post somehow related to this thread as well?

Only in jest. Would be a nice lens huh? Luckily I have a Nikkor adapter. I hope someone gets it who can use it. Looking forward to the 28mm. I'll stop with this hijack though. I notice I've been hijacking threads somewhat today. I gotta quit that. Carry on and good luck!

Last edited:
How kind!, This would make a great addition to my first dslr, and would be fab for all the bugs in china in march!! Also leaving me more money for a ZOOOM I am across the pond :( could I pay postaaage?

Ok, when are you donating the 500 F4? :) I have the Tamron 55-200 and it is a very sharp lens for what it is. (No wiener dogs involved here (scratching head?)) I'm pulling for Rick58 to win your lottery. It would work very well on the D200 and who needs VR? My Tamron 200-500 doesn't have have VR and does't stop me :) I actually just stopped in to say Happy Holidays to everyone and it is very generous of you to donate so many items this year :)

Ok, when are you donating the 500 F4? :) I have the Tamron 55-200 and it is a very sharp lens for what it is. (No wiener dogs involved here (scratching head?)) I'm pulling for Rick58 to win your lottery. It would work very well on the D200 and who needs VR? My Tamron 200-500 doesn't have have VR and does't stop me :) I actually just stopped in to say Happy Holidays to everyone and it is very generous of you to donate so many items this year :)

Thanks Coastal and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

You never know what we will come across in our travels... Or what will wind up being donated here on the forum. Or what role weiner dogs play. (im actually on a few photography forums, but this is the only one i donate on.... Not sure why) im on shift today 6am to 6am tomorrow, so i will wrap this up by tomorrow and maybe even get it shipped tomorrow too. Will depend on how fast i get the address.
Last call for anyone interested. I still have one more lens to get to, but its a nikkor not a tamron.

Had to get off shift early. Got some nasty stomach bug. Feel like crap. Vomiting and patient care dont work well together.
Going to try and nap. Father in laws funeral service is today. We will pick out a winner in a bit, but i dont know if i can hold to getting it shipped out today like i had originally planned. Last call for any interested parties.

And if anyone wants to stop by and bring me some ginger ale i would appreciate it. I can't seem to keep anything else down.

Had to get off shift early. Got some nasty stomach bug. Feel like crap. Vomiting and patient care dont work well together.
Going to try and nap. Father in laws funeral service is today. We will pick out a winner in a bit, but i dont know if i can hold to getting it shipped out today like i had originally planned. Last call for any interested parties.

And if anyone wants to stop by and bring me some ginger ale i would appreciate it. I can't seem to keep anything else down.

Take care of yourself. Every year I do the 'ol coin toss in regards to getting the flu shot. Last year I didn't, and was fine. I didn't get one yet this year, but I think I'm going to. Too many folks I know are already dropping like flys.

Last edited:
ok, im almost awake. enough for this i suppose.
I had the wife look over the thread again, and she likes Rick58 for this one. I cant find any reason to disagree with her, so Rick 58, if you would please PM me your name/address i will hopefully be well enough tomorrow to get to the post office. sorry I cant get there today, i can barely make it to the bathroom. I might post the Nikkor tele-zoom we are donating next if i feel up to taking some P&S pics later.

Gratz Rick58!

as usual, the only thing we ask is that you post a picture of the lens here when you receive it to show that the person we said was getting it actually got it. Hope you enjoy it, and we look forward to seeing some pictures from it.

-Jason and Wife

Many thanks to you and your wife. I'll use the money I had set aside for a lens to buy a decent tripod and retire the cheapo I've been using. Again, many thanks and happy holidays to the both of you.
PM sent and I'll snap that picture as soon as it arrives...Thank you!

Congratulations, Rick! Looking forward to some photos from it.

Thanks Charlie, I'm anxious to try it out

Congrats and thank you for the chance. enjoy the new lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back