Holiday Donation! Please Read Carefully!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Me and the Wife have decided to spread a little holiday joy around the forum. For some of you, this isn't anything you haven't seen us do a few times before. For the rest, please read this post very carefully if you wish to participate. We are donating another lens, but unlike the previous donations, this lens is brand new in the box. it has only come out of the box twice. once to test on our camera, and the other time to take a picture of it for this post. we realize this is not exactly a pro lens, but it does perform fairly well. AF is pretty snappy, and it is brand new. We hope that any negative comments will be kept off of here, as we would like this to be a positive experience for everyone involved so we can do it again. (I have some other lenses coming that i was thinking of donating as well)

this is a Tamron AF 55-200mm DiII f/4-5.6 LD macro (Nikon mount)
(DiII means it was designed for DX format) 52mm filter size
this lens is Nikon AF-D style so it DOES NOT have its own focus motor.
NEW in box with front and rear lens cap, lens hood, and accompanying paperwork.

You all know how this works at this point. (I hope)
we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warranty, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. continental U.S ONLY.

the criteria for getting the lens is as follows:
1: you NEED this lens, meaning you DO NOT already have this focal range or reasonably close. (my call)
(having another brand and saying you don't like it doesn't count)
2: you already have a camera capable of mounting this lens (no putting the cart before the horse)
3: you live in the continental united states (im a stickler on this one, sorry)
4: you have been a member of the forum for more than 2 months. (and been a reasonably active member of the TPF community)
(ALL rules are at me and my wife's discretion. we reserve the right to change the criteria at ANY time for ANY dumb old reason)

i will let this thread run for a week or so. If you are interested in the lens, post on THIS THREAD with your intentions for the lens,an honest gear list, and why you believe you need the lens. PM's or emails may or may not get considered.

thank you all.

-Jason

Last edited:
This is so generous and kind of you both. I hope this lens goes to a great new home. :)

A generous and noble gesture. I hope everyone appreciates your generosity. 👍

I generally don't ask of this but I would love this. I intend to use it to further my knowledge and practice with, to help further myself so I can make a career out of photography. I promise also to pay it forward, if I decide to upgrade or outgrow this lens I will do what you are doing now to help my fellow aspiring photographers.

Right now all I have is a

Nikon D7000
and
18-55mm Kit lens
35mm 1.8g

**Edit lol accidentally spelled Career wrong haha.

Last edited:
This is an awesome thing for you to do!!!
I'll have to think about who comes to mind on this one!

Very cool idea!! I hope to be in the position to do something similar to this one day.

God Bless you both! I don't need the lens, but I do appreciate your generosity.

This would be a great lens for my 10 year old to learn on. I'd rather not let him learn with my expensive lens. Lol.

I hope Santa brings ya some nice scotch. Way to start spreading the holiday spirit Medic.

You are a rockstar for doing this! And I am definitely interested.

Okay, let's edit the post and put in the format you requested... luckily I'm wide awake and no longer suffering from lack of sleep or heat at this time!

1. I have discovered very recently that I really enjoy the more photo-journalistic approach to photography. I like to take photos of people just being natural. Being close to them with my current lens changes their reactions, causes them to tense up and I end up losing the beauty of capturing a person in their elements. Capturing the moments that make you smile because you remember the moment not the camera in your face.

2. My arsenal consists of a Nikon D3000 with 18-55mm Kit lens. Oh, and my nifty Nikon bag

3. I live in the Poconos of PA

4. I have been a member of this forum since early to mid October, I know that doesn't meet the 2 month rule, but I'm hoping you'll help a chick out. :p

Last edited:
Good Giving! Shame it is not Canon...happy holiday's

You will be rewarded many times over for your generosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back