What's new

Holiday Donation! Please Read Carefully!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a rockstar! I have a Nikon D3000 with a 18-55mm Kit Lens.

is that just a general statement so everyone who reads this thread is aware of what camera gear you have?

Fixed. I have two children that at the current moment I am willing to trade you. :P KIDDING. I love my kids, I wouldn't trade them for a lens, tempting at the moment, though.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #17
Derrel said:
You will be rewarded many times over for your generosity.

I will refer you to the scotch post!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #18
Thank you everyone for the kind words, and if you are interested in the lens, please follow the instructions in the original post. Makes it easier on me than going through the posts AND PM's, AND emails.
 
As a new member of this forum, I love to see this. I wish there were more people with generosity like you and your wife. Thank you.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #20
swoosh said:
As a new member of this forum, I love to see this. I wish there were more people with generosity like you and your wife. Thank you.

Thank you, but you should really thank the TPF community whose dedication to helping people here inspires us to give what we can, when we can. Their expertise helps people here far more than what we donate, and they are no less generous.
 
You guys are awesome. The world needs more generosity like this!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #22
Bumping for the weekend eve. (Friday)
not much interest for this guy, but still we carry on.
the other new lens we are going to donate came in yesterday while I was on shift, so as soon as this one is delivered I will get the next one posted.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #24
bumping for the weekend.
since this lens didn't seem to work up much interest, I don't think we will be posting the second lens right away. maybe AFTER the holidays would have been a better time for this.
anyway...im on shift tomorrow so i will probably be picking the recipient on Monday and SHOULD get it mailed out on Monday as well if nothing else comes up. so, getting down to last call if anyone is interested in this.
 
Hello pixmedic,

I did carefully read the requirements but thought I would ask anyway, if you would be willing to consider me (a member with no posts to the forum), considering the fairly low interest shown. I joined at the recommendation of a friend (who is an active TPF member) and because of my lack of knowledge, I have only quietly read and slowly tried to build on that knowledge.

I am currently a college student with little experience or money, but a strong drive to learn. After 3 years of saving up, I purchased a used Nikon D90 in May of this year, and own the 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6 kit lens and the 50mm f/1.8 D lens, which makes up the entirety of my equipment.

I primarily take pictures of pets and it has always been suggested to me that I invest in a lens with higher zooming capabilities, given how much and how far dogs love to run. I am far from ready for professional photography, but I enjoy shooting for friends and of course, for myself. There is a National level performance event next June that I hope to attend as a spectator, armed with a lens that can zoom in close enough for good photos. I also immensely enjoy taking pictures of scenery while on vacations and small trips, and living in the Pacific Northwest, I am lucky enough to have many of those opportunities. My Flickr photostream can be viewed here - as you'll notice they are almost exclusively portraits. I have an equal number of action shots and pictures from a distance, but none that I am pleased with yet, unfortunately.

Thanks for taking the time to read, even if I will not be considered. I have been around long enough to see all that you have given to the photo community and want to thank you for that at the very least!
 
Hello pixmedic,

I did carefully read the requirements but thought I would ask anyway, if you would be willing to consider me (a member with no posts to the forum), considering the fairly low interest shown. I joined at the recommendation of a friend (who is an active TPF member) and because of my lack of knowledge, I have only quietly read and slowly tried to build on that knowledge.

I am currently a college student with little experience or money, but a strong drive to learn. After 3 years of saving up, I purchased a used Nikon D90 in May of this year, and own the 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6 kit lens and the 50mm f/1.8 D lens, which makes up the entirety of my equipment.

I primarily take pictures of pets and it has always been suggested to me that I invest in a lens with higher zooming capabilities, given how much and how far dogs love to run. I am far from ready for professional photography, but I enjoy shooting for friends and of course, for myself. There is a National level performance event next June that I hope to attend as a spectator, armed with a lens that can zoom in close enough for good photos. I also immensely enjoy taking pictures of scenery while on vacations and small trips, and living in the Pacific Northwest, I am lucky enough to have many of those opportunities. My Flickr photostream can be viewed here - as you'll notice they are almost exclusively portraits. I have an equal number of action shots and pictures from a distance, but none that I am pleased with yet, unfortunately.

Thanks for taking the time to read, even if I will not be considered. I have been around long enough to see all that you have given to the photo community and want to thank you for that at the very least!

You have some good shots on your Flickr page petrichor. I love that shot of the cat with the white neck in black and white. (The close up one where you can actually see the dander or dust on the cat.) I also really that shot of the hand with the water coming out of it. You need to start sharing your work on here buddy! It will really help you grow to get feedback on your images. Good luck.
 
You have some good shots on your Flickr page petrichor. I love that shot of the cat with the white neck in black and white. (The close up one where you can actually see the dander or dust on the cat.) I also really that shot of the hand with the water coming out of it. You need to start sharing your work on here buddy! It will really help you grow to get feedback on your images. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your kind comments and words of encouragement, Kathy! I have seen your photo threads on this forum, and really appreciate your thoughts (and admire your work!), so that means a lot to me. The black/white of my cat is actually taken a couple of years ago using my Panasonic DMC-ZS3 P&S, but has remained one of my favorites.

I am actually in the process of collecting and editing a few snapshots I hope to post soon for a critique. The forum is such an incredible resource, I would be insane not to utilize it if I hope to continue building that eye and knowledge!
 
Ok let me expand on mine. I'll be upgrading here in the next month. I currently have a d90. I'm going to be giving my d90 to my 12 year old as he likes photography but currently doesn't have a camera. This would be a nice lens for him to start on as I won't have any lenses to give him.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #29
manicmike said:
Ok let me expand on mine. I'll be upgrading here in the next month. I currently have a d90. I'm going to be giving my d90 to my 12 year old as he likes photography but currently doesn't have a camera. This would be a nice lens for him to start on as I won't have any lenses to give him.

We have precedent for donating to someones kid so... Not an issue considering it for this one too.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #30
ok..I guess we've gotten all the action on this thing as we are going to get so...I guess its about time to wrap it up. after dinner. which the wife is still cooking.
I would have gotten around to it earlier, but last night was a rough shift. 2 hours sleep in 24, and a ton of pediatric calls.
so, last call. after dinner me and the wife will take a last looksie at the thread and see who we are going to send the lens too. hopefully everyone that was interested has weighed in here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom