Holiday Donation! Please Read Carefully!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to be consider for this. I turned 18 in June I am going to college after I graduate this year. I am going into photojournalism and I really need a lens for my Nikon D5100. I would love to own this. I dont have a lot of money so I cant buy one from Best Buy thank you so much and I think this is wonderful what you are doing

I am pretty sure i said i was going to wrap this up on monday...but...
I got tied up with work, and finishing my training for the LTV1200 ventilator.
I can now officially transport patients on a ventilator. (yippee)
anyway. got about an hour and a half of sleep on shift yesterday/today and im going to try and lie down for a bit.
when and if i get up again, i will announce the lucky recipient, and get it boxed up and ready to ship.
i appreciate everyone's patience.

all right, all right...im up. more or less.
there wasn't a ton of interest in this lens, and understandably so as it isn't exactly a Nikkor AF-S VR lens or anything.
Still, it IS brand new, and it IS free so...that makes it a winner in my book.
Hopefully it also makes it a winner in Petrichor's book since that is who we have decided to donate the lens to.
i will get it boxed up today, and shipped out as soon as I am PM'd a name and address.

on a side note...someone with a pentax k-mount camera please claim the 135mm f/2.8 we are donating.
it is a GREAT lens that was used on a K1000 that is sadly no longer with us. would like to see it go to a loving forever home.
stay tuned for the next round of lens donations.

In summary...Petrichor is getting the lens if he still wants it. Congratulations Petrichor!
(the wife is a sucker for big fuzzy dog photography)

Congrats Petrichor.

We need to see some photographs taken with this lens so generously donated by pixmedic.

Congrats Petrichor!

Wow!! Huge, heartfelt thanks to you, pixmedic, and your wife!! For your generosity and kindness, your willingness to consider me, and of course for the compliments on my overgrown "puppy".

I really look forward to being a bigger part of the TPF community and expanding my limited horizons with the new lens. I will absolutely share more photos with more frequency, and especially those taken with these lens. And when/if I do upgrade, I'll return this to the TPF community (just as I hope to give back in knowledge and experience one day!).

Thank you both again, and the TPF members here as well. I appreciate the kindness and support immensely!

That is extremely generous of you and your wife Pixmedic. I'll try and remember that single malt 18 years if ever we're in the area ;)

the Tamron lens is packed up and at the post office.
USPS guesstimated ETA is Saturday the 17th
Enjoy!

Thank you so much!! Cannot wait!

Congrats! Patrichor! Pixmedic is so nice and generous, you guys are all amazing. I think Patrichor can take care of this lense and take a lot wonderful pics with it, upload more~~~ ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back