Holiday Photo Ideas

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw these ideas on TikTok from a photographer

1. Wreath made from a dollar store. I wired the ornaments to the inside of the hoop wreath. Next time I would use a longer focal length to get the wreath smaller. I used the 50mm for these shots.
112121_134SMw.jpg

2. Paper over a hula hoop. I carefully ripped how I wanted the opening. The flaps are taped down in front to hold in place. I taped around the circle opening on the back side so it wouldn't rip.
112121_144SMw.jpg

3. This shot would have been better with a full size xmas tree. We didn't put up our tree this year. Maybe a longer mirror? The video had someone laying with their head on the mirror facing the camera.
120621_032SMw.jpg

Nice set but number two for me.....
Thanks! I think if I did the 2nd one again I would use green paper. The red seems too bright and I did lower the exposure of the paper in post.

Cool ideas! I like everything about the 2nd one especially the red. I wouldn't change it! I think seeing a bit more of the wreath and maybe a bit more in focus on that first one? But I love the idea of the frame of ornaments. Another play on this could be something with lights that is really oof to make some light bokeh circling her - maybe with the colored ornaments?

I like the dog on the mirror with the ornaments - I would frame it tighter without the "tree".

Very creative! I like them all!

Very creative - however: they are all a tad soft focus wise- maybe a faster shutter speed or smaller aperture or even a fill off camera flash would help here ??

Look at her eyes, ribbon and hair- even the snowflakes I'm sure you'll see the difference :)

5AIZK1i.jpg

Les

Last edited:
They're all very cute. Good job.
Thanks Kirk!

Cool ideas! I like everything about the 2nd one especially the red. I wouldn't change it! I think seeing a bit more of the wreath and maybe a bit more in focus on that first one? But I love the idea of the frame of ornaments. Another play on this could be something with lights that is really oof to make some light bokeh circling her - maybe with the colored ornaments?
Agree on the wreath. It is actually quite small, but with the 50mm the shot is too wide. Lights are a great idea! I have fairy lights to add to the wreath.

Very creative! I like them all!
Thanks Bill!

Very creative - however: they are all a tad soft focus wise- maybe a faster shutter speed or smaller aperture or even a fill off camera flash would help here ??

Look at her eyes, ribbon and hair- even the snowflakes I'm sure you'll see the difference :)

5AIZK1i.jpg

Les
Good idea on selective sharpening! I'll do that before I print.

I like the dog on the mirror with the ornaments - I would frame it tighter without the "tree".
That was bugging me too. If we had put up our normal tree it would have been closer to the floor. This tree is an outside porch type tree with lights.

Your creativity makes me smile, Cheryl! These look great.

It wouldn't be a Christmas shoot without one of the pups. ;) Great job!

That was bugging me too. If we had put up our normal tree it would have been closer to the floor. This tree is an outside porch type tree with lights.
or 5 minutes in Photoshop ? :) :)

XDRynd6.jpg

Most reactions

Back