Holiday photos C&C please!

blueofspirit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these photos on a recent trip. Had just bought a EF-S 10-22mm for my 50D and wanted to test it out. This was also the first photos I'd taken with a circular polarizer so C&C on both fronts would be great. Thanks!

#1:
IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5724.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

IMG_5859.jpg

I own that lens as well, and I find it rather difficult to use.

I think its because at such an extreme wide angle, its hard to compose a shot.

It seems that I am always trying to get some specific thing(or things) out of the shot, but am unable to.

The lens definately has its uses though, and I am glad to own it.

#4 is my fav by far, its pretty creative. I am very partial to pictures of asia. I do feel its a little underexposed though.

The others are not bad.

A few blownout skies, but beautiful area for sure. I actually like #2 the way it is even though some of the highlights in the sky are gone. Kinda a euphoric feel to it.

Ryan - I metered off the grass and think I got the greens pretty close to what they looked like to the eye. How do you suggest I keep that while making the sky less blown out? Thanks!

#4 is AWESOME! A little bit on the noisy side, but what gorgeous composition :)

Thanks! Didn't have a tripod with me on vacation so had to make do with dragging up the ISO...pity that.

Anyone have any tips on managing the sky tone while not making everything else uber dark? Thanks!

Ryan - I metered off the grass and think I got the greens pretty close to what they looked like to the eye. How do you suggest I keep that while making the sky less blown out? Thanks!

Filters - you may have wanted to try a Grauduated Neutral Density Filter, You could have pulled off HDR in this scenario as well.

ND filter would have dont it. i need to get a couple myself lol.

Is it advisable to stack an ND filter on top of the polaroid? Or do I not need the polaroid if I'm using an ND filter already?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back