Holiday Portrait- C&C

impressme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was my first time at shooting a group of people. I'm not working with the best glass, and with hindsight being 20/20 I should have brought everyone farther from the tree to create a greater blurred background but I'm pretty please with the comp. C&C welcomed PLEASE!

3165018266_6600439f4c.jpg

Greetings,

Both the boy and the woman in red seem to be straining to maintain pose. It just looks uncomfortable. I agree you needed a shallower DoF. Even if the background was blurred a bit, the picture frame on the left and the cut off toy soldier is distracting.

I'm not sure, but a portrait aspect may have worked better here with a different pose and that may have allowed you to get the top of the tree in the pic.

Thanks for posting!

GT

I agree...the boy and mother look as if they are falling backwards. Also, viewing more of the tree would be good.

I would photoshop the mothers chin and chest....they have red spots on them.

Thanks guys... It wasn't really a posed shot, more so a snapshot so the Grandmother and the boy weren't there long. In fact they really wouldn't let me pose them, that's how they stood. Portraiture is a whole new realm for me so I've got a lot to learn still.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back