Holy Crap! I never knew...

I think it was obvious I was missing focus earlier.... I knew that before hand. :lmao:

Maybe what I said was it's so much easier to get sharp focus when you focus manually.

It's just difficult on moving targets... like a hyped up sugarfied 2 yr old.

It's just difficult on moving targets... like a hyped up sugarfied 2 yr old.
Yes, that it is.

What AF mode are you using? 'One Shot' will cause a lot of missed shots with kids running around... I like Servo, but even that can barely keep up with my kids...

I don't like servo because I find it difficult to lock focus and recompose.
One thing that might make it easier...

There is a custom function that assigns AF to the '*' button. I find that much easier to use. Just hold that button down when you want to focus, let go when it's where you want it. Metering & shutter release will be totally independent of focusing.

My question: why was your child naked outside on the patio? lol

He had a diaper on lol. And because on top of preferring no clothes we were playing with bubbles again and I didn't want sticky soapy clothes.

Yeah, I have it set to that. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't do better with AF before I did that. It's easier on my fingers, but doesn't seem to help me with the focusing any. :(

Are there any other settings you know of that could affect my focus/recompose?

I can't figure out why it seems like my AF isn't focusing on what I'm putting it on before recomposing.

Yeah, I have it set to that. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't do better with AF before I did that. It's easier on my fingers, but doesn't seem to help me with the focusing any. :(

Are there any other settings you know of that could affect my focus/recompose?

I can't figure out why it seems like my AF isn't focusing on what I'm putting it on before recomposing.
If you're focusing and then recomposing, as long as you have enough DOF (aperture), it shouldn't be much of an issue. If you're at or near wide open, it will cause missed focus though.

I guess I'll start watching that then and see what happens. Thanks for your help! :)

I always keep my camera on center spot focus, that way I know where the focus indicator is, and don't have to worry about the camera thinking I'm trying to pick another point. Maybe if your not using center, give it a try. You may get better results with that.

Most reactions

Back