holy, holy, holy crap

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
i so nearly had a heart attack just a few minutes ago.

i'm in houston at my parents' house for the weekend and when i pulled up i saw that only one car was here, so i knew that meant there wouldn't be anyone home when i came in. so i'm backing my way through the front door dragging all my stuff in and just over my shoulder, out of the corner of my eye i see this HUGE man standing in the living room. my stomach jumped right up into my throat and i spun around to see who the heck it was and it turns out... it was a life-sized picture of 7'5" houston rockets center yao ming holding a laptop.

you know those apple ads for the powerbooks with yao ming and mini-me that say "the next big and small things from apple"? it's one of those ads. i have no idea where it came from or why we have it. all i know is, it nearly necessitated a fresh pair of undies.

sheesh. :( :oops:

Oh my. That would scare me too.

Sometimes when I'm rinsing my hair in the shower with my eyes shut, my wife will stare at me. When I open my eyes, I jump nearly out of the shower.

omg :shock: ... i would have been one screamin momma :lol:

turns out he got it for 50 bucks at some auction or something and brought it home just to scare us with it. he was going to put it in my brother's room in the dark so it would scare the daylights out of him when he came home that night and flipped the light on, but when my dad got home my brother was already here.

i asked how my mother reacted to it and he said "well, she didn't have the reaction i expected her to actually" and i said "what, divorce?" unless she's the one pulling the stunt, she doesn't tend to appreciate this sort of thing. ;-)

and i guess you'd have to be here, or just have one of your own to understand this, but it STILL startles me when i walk into that room even though i know it's there. apparently it's the same for my dad. bizarre.

Wow, didn't know Yao Ming was so scary, perhaps we should send the cut-out to Iraq, and the military can use it to scare Iraqi's into thinking we are all 7'6" and wear basketball jerseys, the laptop can demonstrate our overwhelming technology.
I can envision it now, the 82nd airbourne is going to parachute in on Saddam and Bin Ladin's hideout, 10 min before the rangers drop they throw out Yao Ming with a parachute, it lands upright, Saddam and Bin Ladin come out to look it over. Instantly they get an overwhelming sense of deppresion as penis envy consumes them, as the rangers take them into custody (without violence).
As they are walking away all the rangers hear is the prisoners muttering, "My God, those americans are bigger then life, How are we mere mortals suppose to combat the sheer power of the Yao Ming Cut-out!" After all Yao Ming is bigger then life. At the end of the day you see Yao posing with American soldiers, laptop gleaming in the Iraqi sun, a smile so big it could brighten a 24hr night in Alaska. To us Yao Ming might be a 7'6" scary man, but to Saddam and Bin Ladin he is the American Super Hero that finally brought them to justice........

Well thats how i see it anyways :)

Havoc,

You certainly come up with some interesting tales!
You should write Sci-fi!

WolfePak

Most reactions

New Topics

Back