Optical illusion

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right section but, here goes. I don't have the illusion to show you but would like to know maybe where i could find it. let me try and describe it to you. It maybe by Escher but i'm not sure. If you could imagine standing on a hill top with a fishing rod in your hand and the hook and line is a pond. The pond appears to be miles away from you but the line is definately in the pond.
The perspective deception is amazing as you know that the image can't possibly be right but it looks so real. ( boy this is hard to explain)
I saw the image years ago in a book entitled - "TAKE A ANOTHER LOOK" Well that must be as clear as mud to you.

STUNNED SILENCE!

I'm not sure what I'm talking about either. I've looked at hundreds of "optical illusion" sites without any luck. Ah well. Back to google it is then.

It is not an optical illusion, it just looks like one. - Phil White

Sorry, I couldn't resist....

did you look on an eischer website? im sure that they have it somewhere...and yes its an amazing picture

md

I know the exact image. It is not an Escher. It is in fact a woodcut or similarly acient drawing to illustrate the importance of perspective to young artists. The title is something with the word "Perspective" in it. Having said that I am not sure where you could find it. If we are talking about the same image it has the guy with the fishing rod whos line goes behind a distant bridge into a river and all over the picture are ludicrous perspective violations. So, not that this post has helped you any but I think i know what image you are refering to.

Found it!

Hogarth.jpeg

my whole face is hurting now..... but i think i'm getting it..... its that little guy at the top (getting a light from a candle?) that makes it strange for me. :confused:

Archangel said:
my whole face is hurting now..... but i think i'm getting it..... its that little guy at the top (getting a light from a candle?) that makes it strange for me. :confused:

There's far more to it than that. It breaks every rule of perspective, and logic, for that matter.

whoaa... .I still look at this pic and can't really tell you what's going on in there :p

:lol: i can't believe your 3 year pursuit has finally ended... what will you do now?

that's a pretty neat shot... i noticed that would be one huge bird in the background... :thumbup:

JTHphoto said:
:lol: i can't believe your 3 year pursuit has finally ended... what will you do now?

that's a pretty neat shot... i noticed that would be one huge bird in the background... :thumbup:

IT"S A CROW!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back