Holy Name Parish No 71 Gough Ave Toronto Canada

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by thelearningcurvefoto, Feb 22, 2016.

1. thelearningcurvefoto

thelearningcurvefoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The Holy Name Parish at No 71 Gough Ave in Toronto Canada.

Original photography using a Canon EOS 60D body with a Sigma 17-70mm f2.8 DC Macro OS lens and Silver EFEX Pro as a Lightroom plugin for the B&W conversion.

[​IMG]

Holy Name Parish No 71 Gough Ave Toronto Canada by thelearningcurvefoto on Photography Forum

• Like Like x 4
  2. timor

timor Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really like the angle of your shot. But it is risky proposition. For many people Ansel Adams perspective control ideas is a must in photography. Probably this will be the next big thing in digital cameras: automatic, software based perspective control built right into camera image procesor. :icon_cheers:. Like VR.
    As I am not pro, not in photography nor in digital editing, situation I like very much as it let me to avoid a lot of philosophical stiffness. :allteeth:. This way I do not have any hesitations to enjoy your picture. However there are other things I have a questions about. First is the darkness of it. And the other pictures of architecture you placed in your album to. Did you used some sort of red filter effect ? In "Roadside Antiques Shop" did you use some sort of vignetting tool ? IMO the effects are very strong , maybe to strong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thelearningcurvefoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi timor!!

Thank you for your comments on the photo. Your time and effort is appreciated :)
    Pretty simple processing (though it took a while to get there). A preset I set up in Lightroom first which reduces the contrast and adds detail to the highlights and shadows. Second a preset I created in SiverEFEX which darkens the blues and cyans and enhances the reds and yellows. Back into Lightroom after EFEX to add a few graduated filters and some cleaning up. Lastly into Photoshop for some final burning and dodging. The presets are not an exact science, just a decent starting point.

4. kdthomas

kdthomas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the sharpness and detail, as well as the deep black sky, and the symmetric converging lines. I'd love to see a version perhaps with less vignetting in the lower corners. But apart from that ... it's intriguing ... I look at this and want to know what it is and what it's story is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thelearningcurvefoto

Photos NOT OK to edit

Thanks KD. The building is beautiful both inside and out. One of those 'They don't make em like that anymore' :)