Home Made 4x4

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Inspired by Tallaslions' post "Just Along for the Ride." This shot was taken by my wife when we stopped for a drink in a location in Otjiwarongo, Namibia last April. The boy's toy is obviously home made and goes to show what young people can do when they aren't buried in technology. We were incredibly impressed. Any faults in the processing are mine.
Connie-1371.jpg

Impressive.

Thanks for sharing, very interesting.

Very creative! Its neat to experience other cultures where they are not so focused on technology. A much more simple way of life.
Glad to have inspired you!

The only thing better than this photo is that super cool 4X4!!! :1219::1219::1219:

Nice shot Grandad. I have a friend with a thirteen year old who spends all his non school hours in a dark room playing x box with his friends. I wonder how many kids make model airplanes these days.

Cool. I gave up on trying to get my grandson to do stuff with me. All he wants to do is you tube or game. We built a rocket and never even launched it. It was painful for him building it with me. He only did it because I forced him. He has no interest in launching it. I even put it out occasionally to see if he would want to. Not a peep, he could care less. He isn't playing baseball either and that is sad because he has ability. He is playing soccer and basketball but I think if it were up to him, he wouldn't. I don't know what to say about it. My kids were never into electronics or TV. My youngest two don't even have cable. My youngest son says he doesn't even watch TV, he has zero interest. He didn't watch it when he was a little guy.

Great capture.
The son of one of my former supervisors would make highly detailed models of things made from ordinary paper (he was about 10 at the time).

Encouraging exceptions to the rule of the day.

Cool. I gave up on trying to get my grandson to do stuff with me. All he wants to do is you tube or game. We built a rocket and never even launched it. It was painful for him building it with me. He only did it because I forced him. He has no interest in launching it. I even put it out occasionally to see if he would want to. Not a peep, he could care less. He isn't playing baseball either and that is sad because he has ability. He is playing soccer and basketball but I think if it were up to him, he wouldn't. I don't know what to say about it. My kids were never into electronics or TV. My youngest two don't even have cable. My youngest son says he doesn't even watch TV, he has zero interest. He didn't watch it when he was a little guy.
Very sad, my son (9) has strict limits on electronics time. One reason why is because last year my wife took photos of him throwing a rugby ball to me and the smile on his face was amazing - you don't get a smile like that playing on the tablet (he doesn't have an x box or anything).

I'm just so impressed with that toy. I wonder if the wire he pushes it with actually operates working steering. I think maybe it does.

I want to play with it. Vroom vroom!

Most reactions

Back