home studio help..please

chris182

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I am looking to start a "home studio" nothing fancy, and I was wondering the best backdrop to get(seamless paper,muslin,suede) Iv heard good things about seamless paper...the sheets I have been using are just no longer working bc the black is just covered in lint that WONT come off, so I am wanted to order a backdrop with a stand preferably just not sure where or what kind. Iv found good deals on bhphotovideo.com. Any help,input,experience with, +/- of each all help!!!! please point me in the right direction.

So I am looking to start a "home studio" nothing fancy, and I was wondering the best backdrop to get(seamless paper,muslin,suede) Iv heard good things about seamless paper...the sheets I have been using are just no longer working bc the black is just covered in lint that WONT come off, so I am wanted to order a backdrop with a stand preferably just not sure where or what kind. Iv found good deals on bhphotovideo.com. Any help,input,experience with, +/- of each all help!!!! please point me in the right direction.

I converted our spare formal dining room into a studio.. And for backdrops, I hung a heavy, decorative curtain rod, with lots of curtain ring/clips. I just keep my fabric backdrops clipped on there, and pull them across like drapes when I need a different backdrop:)

isnt the background going to be blurred out anyway?

Yeah those seamless paper backgrounds are sweet. I have a couple and I got mine at my local camera store because I looked online for them on BH and they where a steal at like 45 dollars or so but shipping was about 25 dollars or so, my point being that I got mine from the camera store without paying any shipping for 55 out the door. Something to consider when purchasing those backgrounds online. Seamless is the way to go

One of the nice benefits of being a NAPP member is we don't pay for regular shipping at B&H, including for the 9 foot rolls of seamless. :thumbup:

NAPP = National Asscoiation of Photoshop Professionals. Membership is $99 a year and there are many other discounts on hardware/software/gear rentals/motels/car rentals, blah, blah, blah. :thumbup:

Oh, you get 8 yearly issues of Photoshopuser magazine and access to the www.PhotoshopUser.com web site, tutorials, and forum. :thumbup:

I have a NAPP referral link in my siggy if you decide to join.

Most reactions

Back