homeless found a good home

kenshabby said:
May I ask how far you away you would typically take a picture like this? I'm always a bit uneasy taking photos in public.

I so share your inhibitions, kenshabby, and would be way too shy to take pictures of people I don't know and who did not invite me to take their pic.

JonMikal, if obscuring his face had been your intention, then I can live with the first - but at first I thought: oh, how I would like to see a little more detail in the face, other than just the lit nose. And the white of the wall hurts my eyes a little in the first, but that can be my eyes - or my monitor. Which is why for the moment I like the second better... but your photos always are much food for thought, so I might yet change my mind.

I like the texture of the brick wall in the second, but there is just something about the first. Very powerful(the first) IMO.

Beauty!

I already liked the first one, but when I saw the second version... wow!
Great work Jon!

Very nice. I like the second one better. more detail. but yet the first one looks nice bcause its so bright/white. hm.

I prefer #1 because it has your real intention to transmit what you wanted to. Eventhough #2 is a more clean image #1 is by far more dramatic.

Nice composition. That's a very difficult shot to expose properly. Nicely done.

at first i thought there are 2 pics. when i look at the second one then i realized it was only one. Great shot though.

Nice.
Thought this photo fit the scheme of things.

Homeless.jpg

Most reactions

Back