Hoods: Petal or round?

I personally like the Round Hood as with my petal, i have to keep re-adjusting it or i get vignette, it can get pretty annoying but for a wide-angle lens, a petal is much more effective as there is more chance of vignette with the round hood

I have my petal on my 18-55mm and a round hood on my 75-300mm (i tried the petal on it but it just doesn't look right and is far too small for the zoom lens + the 75-300mm has its own fitting for a hood whereas the 18-55mm hood is like a filter)

I personally like the Round Hood as with my petal, i have to keep re-adjusting it or i get vignette, it can get pretty annoying but for a wide-angle lens, a petal is much more effective as there is more chance of vignette with the round hood

I have my petal on my 18-55mm and a round hood on my 75-300mm (i tried the petal on it but it just doesn't look right and is far too small for the zoom lens + the 75-300mm has its own fitting for a hood whereas the 18-55mm hood is like a filter)

Just to check here, you do know that they make specific hoods for specific lenses, right?

Just to check here, you do know that they make specific hoods for specific lenses, right?

Yes i do but why fork out so much on a hood when i can get a hood that does the same job for a lower cost :)
the vignette isn't always a problem, just sometimes i forget to reposition the hood, i will learn over time to remember though.

Most reactions

Back