Hopefully it's the right sub-forum! C&C please!

slvr92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I've taken some pictures with my Nikon N50 so it's not a DSLR. I just developed my rolls of film today and finally got to pick them up just an hour ago. Since I'm taking pictures from a film camera, I had to scan my pictures to get it to my computer.

Anyways, here are a few pictures I took.
Picture.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004.jpg

C&C please! Thank you!

i like the first one. idk just looks like something you would see in a magazine or on a book cover. its cool. nice and simple

the other ones look off. im just a beginner but it looks like wrong exposure and on the 3rd and 5th the flash is messing it up.

like i said though that first one really caught my eye. looks good scanned too

i like the first one. idk just looks like something you would see in a magazine or on a book cover. its cool. nice and simple

the other ones look off. im just a beginner but it looks like wrong exposure and on the 3rd and 5th the flash is messing it up.

like i said though that first one really caught my eye. looks good scanned too

Thanks! Haha, I showed a few friends the first one, then the other ones and they said they like the first one a lot more then the other ones too. I'm also a beginner myself using a SLR camera so I had to save up some money to develop these photos.

First one is fine, a touch dark.

Second one I like more, but it is even more dark.

Both of the first two lack a real subject of interest, but the texture and pattern is still nice. Some will balk, but I happen to like shots like this.

The last three aren't interesting, and in some cases not really even pleasant. Pictures of dying flowers won't tend to rate well for most people, and the direct flash is harsh and unflattering for any subject (living or dead). :)

Usually when taking pics of flowers (or anything, really) you want to try to take up more of the frame with the subject (zoom in). Also more living subjects would be better. Try to use bounce flash if necessary (off ceilings/walls). Use diffused flash if you absolutely must, but avoid dead-on exposed flash like the plague.

Most reactions

Back